Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Its great to see the FJ actually being used for its intended purpose!
Plus, testing on the Rubicon Trail is really big swipe at Jeep.

Toyota is serious.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Looks like a 'placed' picture to me? Where is the driver? Typical of promo pics to never show anyone in the truck- that is unless the driver is outside of the truck figuring out how he is going to get out of that high center without a winch!? Still, a very odd pic to use- a new unreleased vehicle apparently stuck on a rock?
Still, good to see some ?real? pics even if they are set up. To me, that second pic is not doing the vehicle much justice. The first one looks great but I still dont see a driver either.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Placed? As in they airlifted the truck up and onto the rock just to take the pic????

The pics were probably taken by the driver which makes this pic more of a "damn, look what I did" then a Toyota promo shot. Either way, a stock FJ was running Rubicon, that is a good thing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
rcd said:
Looks like a 'placed' picture to me? Where is the driver? Typical of promo pics to never show anyone in the truck- that is unless the driver is outside of the truck figuring out how he is going to get out of that high center without a winch!? Still, a very odd pic to use- a new unreleased vehicle apparently stuck on a rock?
Still, good to see some ?real? pics even if they are set up. To me, that second pic is not doing the vehicle much justice. The first one looks great but I still dont see a driver either.
I don't think these are "official" Toyota photos. It sounds like they were taken by a passerby. These are not the most flattering photos, which is why Toyota probably wouldn't leak them.

I know from my own experience on the Rubicon Trail, the majority of my time was spent out of the vehicle talking with my spotter about the best way to proceed or get unstuck (it usually takes 3-4 days to go 12 miles).

The fact that a pre-release FJ is on the Rubicon speaks volumes about how much confidence Toyota has in its offroad abilites.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah, yeah- thats exactly what i meant by 'placed'- they airlifted it in- dont you think??!
No need for nasty I think you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sorry, it wasn't my intent to be nasty, no offence meant. As for what I think happened, I think Cheazhd's answer is probably the case.

I don't think these are "official" Toyota photos. It sounds like they were taken by a passerby. These are not the most flattering photos, which is why Toyota probably wouldn't leak them.

I know from my own experience on the Rubicon Trail, the majority of my time was spent out of the vehicle talking with my spotter about the best way to proceed or get unstuck (it usually takes 3-4 days to go 12 miles).

·
Registered
294 Posts
csherrill said:
Interesting that this FJ doesn't have the light on the side mirror?
From the Toyota Press release 2/9/05: "Additional optional equipment includes... power outside mirror with image lights"

I have a theory about these photos....
In my opinion they were taken for one reason,
...to sell more rock rails!

After looking at that rail holding the weight of the FJ, I have totally convinced myself that I must have them!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Great photos wether they are real or not. I'm a bit 'skeptical' as well tho. The truck is WAY too clean if it was running the trail, and its stuck on a rock, looks high centered, and it looks like it would have been difficult to get it that way unless it was done in purpose.

I'm a cynic tho, so dont listen to me.

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
These photos are faked, in fact if you look hard enough, you can see a 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll !!!!

(that was sarcasm people, time to lighten it up around here).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I speak for everyone when I say

HURRY UP AND GET HERE FJ!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :) :) Darn, I think I used up my smiley allowance for the month.......

·
Registered
249 Posts
They are covering them up in black bags for runs around Cal. with chaser cars behind.
Noone owns one yet, we know that for sure.
If they go to all this security of bagging cars on the highway,blacking out windows, etc. seems to me to follow that they would park two rigs sideways fore & aft of the shoot on the trail & keep people away. This shot is clearly not a telephoto, so I still stay its fishy?? I know- who cares- i say keep 'em comin' fishy or not! Maybe a hired photograper has done us a favour & leaked 'em?

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
anybody ever heard of Marketing? "leak" a photo of an upcoming vehicle that is being marketed to an "off-road" segment being tested on the rubicon. the worst that will happen is people will debate the validity of the photo, this getting them talking about it and spreading the word. cheap advertising....

thats my .02

·
Registered
132 Posts
rcd said:
Maybe a hired photograper has done us a favour & leaked 'em?
Nope, never. A photographer would not do that because it would ruin their reputation and Toyota would probably bring suit against the photographer. A person visiting a studio GM hired to shoot their new SUVs took some pictures on a camera phone and leaked them. If I'm not mistaken GM has filed a lawsuit against the studio because they did not honor their end of the contract to keep the vehicles from public eyes untill they released them.

·
Registered
249 Posts
yeah that was wrong what i said there- i wrote photographer but i was actually thinking graphic artist who would be prepping a brochure or web layout and might receive the whole wad of shots from the shoot & some would of course would be duds??

Anyway, mulling over my conspiracy theory will keep me occupied until the dang thing is sitting in my driveway!? Perhaps Mulder & Skully are hiding in the bushes along the Rubicon just waiting for such an opportunity...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts