1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Reactions: FJ Cruiser Matt

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
Do you know what they did to prep that. Stopped at a local shop the other day to inquire about having my roof done and they wouldn't touch it... I begged and told them no strings attached, and I'll get it prepped or anything they wanted done before it went in. Said he'd need to remove the rear door, rear windows, and didn't want to get into it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i like it! I think if hail comes through my part of town (missed us by like 4 miles twice this year already) and ruins the paint, I'll have mine done. would make it invincible to the weather, door dings, pin stripes, and it would look cool as hell!

one shop down here quoted $4k for the whole thing one color or $4500 two-toned. doesn't seem much more than a regular paint job, but only worth it to me if insurance is paying for it.

·
Forum Beer Miester
4,141 Posts
Yea the way I said it was meant in joking fashion, but it really can be misconstrued as a flaming dick move on my part! Glad someone called it.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
smh...On a stock FJ?
For that much money you could have installed better suspension, better tires, a full set of skids, and a winch.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Any idea what kind of weight that adds to the vehicle? Just curious as to how much the material weighs?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
smh...On a stock FJ?
For that much money you could have installed better suspension, better tires, a full set of skids, and a winch.
I guess you may have missed the handicapped plate? This person may not be into offroading scene due to a disability.

I did chuckle that the plate number is obscured in a couple photos but not the last one. Also, maybe I am missing something, but what sort of fraud, or bad things can happen if someone gets your plate number from a picture? Are there search databases (besides law enforcement) where people can look up a plate number and then get name, home address, other pertinent information that people would prefer to keep private?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts