Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota FJ Cruiser 2012. +/- 15,000km. The following is identical to my experience.

Copied from US FJ Forum.
Some 4WD equipped 2007 – 2012 model year FJ Cruiser vehicles may exhibit a "clunk/thunk" noise from the rear of the vehicle or a “bump-from-behind” sensation just before a stop, or when accelerating from a stop.

Solution.
NAME: Propeller Shaft Assembly
PREVIOUS PART No:37110-35A00.
CURRENT PART No: 37110-35B00.

Toyota are replacing with modified part. Keeping fingers xed. Part has to come from Japan.
Hope this info is of use to others with same experience.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi.
I've complained about this and printed the TSB from the states to show them there is a problem. But they said it was a USA service bulletin and it didn't apply to SA.
which dealership did you take your car too?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think we need to all get together on this one and all print and send the TSB report from this forum to Toyota head office.
I think I can also replicate it.
It happens when slowing down to a complete stop abruptly and from speed.
I have the full TSB on electronic and hard copy.
Let me know if anyone is interested in taking this further with Toyota.
I plan to keep my FJ for a long time and would like to have issues like this attended to.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
810 Posts
Toyota is replacing the propeller shaft and other bits. Have to say, I was worried that they'd say they couldn't find it. The service manager has a Tacoma and said "I have that too. We just have to live with it I guess". No. But to their credit, they're ding the fix. Hoping it works as this is driving me nuts :)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts