Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checked the Los Angeles Auto Show website and the FJ Cruiser is now listed under Toyota - Truck/SUV:

2006 Los Angeles Auto Show

Toyota FJ Cruiser
Toyota will introduce the all-new FJ Cruiser sport utility vehicle in early 2006 for the 2007 model year. Utility features include a two-part rear hatch with flip-up glass, black overfenders with mudguards, and silver painted bumper extenders, mirrors, door handles and skid plate. Power is supplied by a 4.0-liter, 245 horsepower V-6 engine mated to a choice of 5-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmission. The 5-passenger FJ Cruiser rides on a modified 4Runner platform and standard features include air conditioning and a 6-speaker AM/FM/CD audio system.

The show is January 6-15, 2006 at the Los Angeles Convention Center

I'll be the one kicking the tires! ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I Thought Toyota Was Going To Only Advertise And Market The Fj To Off Road Enthusiasts Only. Why Are They Going To Have It At A Huge International Auto Show? I'M Going Of Course But I Don't WANT Any Soccer Moms And Yuppies Looking At My Fj Cruiser....oh Sorry.....our Fj Cruiser. I Finally Got Settled On Which Color I'm Getting And Ordered My Fj Yesterday And Now, Now They Say There Is Going To Be A Tan Or Red, Sunroofed, Special Edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I'm Going Crazy Over Here.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
marketable said:
I Thought Toyota Was Going To Only Advertise And Market The Fj To Off Road Enthusiasts Only. Why Are They Going To Have It At A Huge International Auto Show? I'M Going Of Course But I Don't WANT Any Soccer Moms And Yuppies Looking At My Fj Cruiser....oh Sorry.....our Fj Cruiser. I Finally Got Settled On Which Color I'm Getting And Ordered My Fj Yesterday And Now, Now They Say There Is Going To Be A Tan Or Red, Sunroofed, Special Edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I'm Going Crazy Over Here.
hey - which dealership you goin with?

·
Registered
60 Posts
My sales manager at Golden Gate Cycles in SF used to work for Toyota, so he hooked me up with his buddy who is Toyota's district manager for Nor Cal. He's going to allocate me one ahead of everybody to the dealer who sells me my FJ at MSRP only, no tax, delivery or DMV fees. OH YEAH!.........but now that there is word there might be a red or tan, sunroofed one, I might have to wait. I probably won't wait though, I do like the blue and I can't wait too much longer

·
Registered
60 Posts
I still don't get why Toyota is going to show the FJ at the LA Auto Show. I really hope that's a rumor that is wrong. I saw the LA Auto show website and it looks legit. DAMN TOYOTA, OFFROAD ENTHUSIASTS ONLY!!!!! NO SOCCER MOMS OR YUPPIES, PLEASE.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
they said the special edition is going to have a sunroof? I really want a sunroof :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Awesome. I'll be back in L.A. just to make the event. Definitely gotta go check it out.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
LRinDallas said:
Forget the SE, the first batch of FJ's should come with a sunroof option!

definitely. and you know they will eventually. That first Passat I bought off the lot didn't have a sunroof and I really regretted it when all of the sunroof versions started popping up. (and you know this thing might have a MONSTER sized sunroof)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
definitely. and you know they will eventually. That first Passat I bought off the lot didn't have a sunroof and I really regretted it when all of the sunroof versions started popping up. (and you know this thing might have a MONSTER sized sunroof)
all the sun roof does if make my kids whine and my head hot. call me crazy (and clinically i probably am) but i just have never liked sunroofs.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'll be attending "Design Los Angeles", Automobile Designers Conference a few days before the show opens to the public.....

I'll be getting all the info I can about the FJ.
You can count on me Brothers!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Right on Cheazhd!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm about to buy my ticket for the plane ride to the LA Auto show. Can anyone confirm for sure that it will be there? I don't want to pay $250 just to go see some weak H3's and Xterra's. :confused: Please respond ASAP

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you mappelman! I wasn't sure because Toyota said they were only going to market the FJ to off-road enthusiasts only and they're having it at an international auto show?!?!?!?!?. The auto show up here in San Fran welcomed 450,000 guests. If the FJ is at the LA show, then socal people better be on a list for an FJ or else they will have to wait a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time. Do you know how many soccer moms and yuppies are in LA, millions.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
marketable said:
Thank you mappelman! I wasn't sure because Toyota said they were only going to market the FJ to off-road enthusiasts only and they're having it at an international auto show?!?!?!?!?. The auto show up here in San Fran welcomed 450,000 guests. If the FJ is at the LA show, then socal people better be on a list for an FJ or else they will have to wait a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time. Do you know how many soccer moms and yuppies are in LA, millions.
the soccer moms in socal have nice big fake boobies though...as opposed to the saggy three kid boobies of the bay area....

·
Registered
552 Posts
Not to mention a football team that has normal fans, unlike fans that are from the capitol 1 credit card commercials. :) Happy pillaging Cali and I agree with the sunroof thing, if you want holes in the roof get a soft jeep that is more than a year old. ;)

·
Registered
294 Posts
There has been some confusion here,
Of course the FJ will be at the LA show. It will be at Detroit too, Chicago, New York, San Fran and every other auto show in the country... That is the whole point of the auto shows...to show new autos. LA is the first major show of the year, which is why its news.

Even the soccermom's in Fargo will get their chance to check it out.
Toyota may be marketing the FJC to enthusiasts, but they'll sell it to anybody!

Hopefully, soccermoms like carpet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts