Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2016, TOYOTA, FJ Cruiser, 4WD | Stock GXR GCC Import
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I am struggling to find a tow harness kit to install on my 2016 FJ Cruiser. in my country FJ cruisers are not sold by the dealer therefor toyota does not support with parts.

May anyone help me find an online seller to buy the australian or south african standard towing harness kit, that could ship internationally ?

thanks in advance

·
17,825 Posts
Did you check the rear frame rail to see if the harness plug is there?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thqnks hannibal for the prompt reply,

actually my FJ is not built for the north american market, therefor it doesn't come with the simple socket where you plug your 4/5 pin connector kit such as the one with part number 08921-35870.

The suitable part number for my FJ would be the one designed for Australian or south african market. Possible part numbers are :

PZQ61-60310
PZQ61-60311
PZQ61-60320
PZQ61-60330
PZQ61-60340

one of which I would like to purchase online with international shipping

·
17,825 Posts
That looks like Prado numbers. Hopefully someone from the Aussie or SA side can assist.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2021 FJ Cruiser Adeventure X Cement Grey
12 Posts
Dear all,

I am struggling to find a tow harness kit to install on my 2016 FJ Cruiser. in my country FJ cruisers are not sold by the dealer therefor toyota does not support with parts.

May anyone help me find an online seller to buy the australian or south african standard towing harness kit, that could ship internationally ?

thanks in advance
I am also looking for a wiring harness for the tow hitch for my 2021 FJ Cruiser. Toyota here in UAE stock zero “non-essential” parts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am also looking for a wiring harness for the tow hitch for my 2021 FJ Cruiser. Toyota here in UAE stock zero “non-essential” parts.
Hi Muzza,

I also tried with UAE and they won't supply it.

Which trailer socket are you interested in, the European 7/13 pin round one or the US 4/5 pin flat one ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Muzza,

Which trailer socket are you interested in, the European 7/13 pin round one or the US 4/5 pin flat one ?
European 7 round, but that’s the least of the problem, getting a harness from front to back is the biggest challenge, changing plugs around is easy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
European 7 round, but that’s the least of the problem, getting a harness from front to back is the biggest challenge, changing plugs around is easy.
Agree,

I don't want to touch to the existing harnesses of the car too.

A plug&play kit is the only solution I see

Please keep me posted if you find a way of getting one

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Muzza,

Get a hold of Icon Auto Dubai, they are really good. I have just spoken with them and they actually make a wiring harness for the FJ…..just google them. I just got sorted out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get a hold of Icon Auto Dubai, they are really good. I have just spoken with them and they actually make a wiring harness for the FJ…..just google them. I just got sorted out.
Hi Muzza,

Just to update you and everybody else on the subject, Icon Auto Dubai does not offer a proper kit as I was hoping, they actually offer to install a generic kit with a lots of modifications on your vehicule electrical harnesses, I initially received these answers from them to my request :

After many reminders they ended up comfirming reception in their stock, but to my disappointment this was what they actually have to offer:

A generic kit that you can buy at any grosery shop, for more than the price of a genuin car specific one (AED 1086 = $295.71 ) !!!

·
Mean Time Moderator
6,223 Posts
Hi,

I am in the UK and we run an identical 7 pin tow plug. I used a plug and play harness from the USA to get the piggy back connectors, cut them and ran them to a harness relay and then to the socket. Very easy, the OE wires then only act as a ‘signal’ to the relay so no extra load on the wiring.

something like this gives you the connectors:

Bypass relay

I used a 7 pin Australian flat socket but a round EU one works too

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi,

I am in the UK and we run an identical 7 pin tow plug. I used a plug and play harness from the USA to get the piggy back connectors, cut them and ran them to a harness relay and then to the socket. Very easy, the OE wires then only act as a ‘signal’ to the relay so no extra load on the wiring.

something like this gives you the connectors:

Bypass relay

I used a 7 pin Australian flat socket but a round EU one works too
Thank you ZerosFJ,

I thought about this as an alternative, going with your suggection will even grant installation of a 13 pin EU socket (or 12 pin Austrailian flat socket)
But I am leaving this option as a desperate alternative as I still hope I could get the Australian plug&Play kit Part# PZQ61-60330 (Alternatively PZQ61-60320, PZQ61-60340, PZQ61-60310, PZQ61-60311) attached for more details

Any assistance would be helpful,

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dear all,

Can anyone confirm if this Harness part number could be compatible with a GCC import FJ Cruiser
PZN81F3002

This is what South African Toyota has

Thanks in advance

1 - 14 of 14 Posts