Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From time to time I find an FJ cruiser model, RC, or other toy that is worth buying (for my kids of course). Since they discontinued the FJ in 2014, such toys seem rarer and rarer. However, today at Wally World, I stumbled across this new JADA metal 1:24 model of a Cement 2013 TT. The hood, front doors, and back cargo door all open. Pretty good detail for under $20. It even comes with a solid axle and a set of bigger tires in case the little tikes catch the mods bug. It comes apart to a degree so I might paint it heritage blue to match mine, but cement is cool too! Has anyone else seen any cool FJ-themed toys?

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This one is very detailed, including the three gauge cluster on the dash and an iPad attached above the glovebox! The side view mirrors even have a dot to depict the marker lights. The roof rack and rock sliders look realistic as well. The only significant visual flaws are that the crawl control is missing and the beadlock style TRD wheels are not quite as detailed.

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a cement and a black
I saw other colors on the Jada website, but the cement was the only true-to-color TT I saw. I like your black primer model, but the retro stripe one on the site was a little much for me (I mean my kids).

·
Registered
866 Posts
That it comes ready to mod cracks me up.
Whoever was in charge of that product had to have owned an FJ

Reactions: Supasta and i12c

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The extra wheels and tires make this particular model stand out from the others on the Wal Mart shelf.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here are a few RC models I found "for the kids" on a previous trip to Tokyo...not enough luggage space to fit these and mailing was way too expensive :cry:
20180801_200752.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's two more from Japan....these Tomicas are their "Matchbox"...they are like $4 in Japan. They usually produce a single run then they stop and after a little while they become rarer and collectible. These were the ones they had at the time I was there, but if you search on ebay you'll see all sorts of versions...
20200625_033134.jpg

1 - 20 of 42 Posts