Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 07 FJ C-Package. I really want the TRD wheels though can't afford them as a student. I've got a buddy that purchased the TRD center caps then plasti dipped his wheels flat black. Actually turned out pretty good for this 2019 Taco. I want to do the same, but after looking on Ebay and Amazon I'm finding it hard to pick which ones will fit my stock rims. I know the stock rims are 17"and 6 spoked but worried about fitment. Has anyone done this and which specific part and from which site? Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks like someone did that on here before. Black TRD centercaps mod for stock FJ wheels
But with this being on the wheels (something that’s moving extremely fast, lol). I’m not sure I’d trust it myself. Perhaps you’d be better off grinding down the Toyota logos on your current center caps. Or removing them, I’m not sure how the logos are attached to the centercap. Applying a little bondo filler if needed to make them smooth, then plasti dip or paint them. And add an aftermarket TRD decal like these. FN Fx Pro Wheels Center Cap Decal / Sticker fits Toyota Tacoma FJ 4Runner TRD
Might be safer and cheaper than risking a center cap flying off at highway speeds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts