Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the two brackets are in the top of this photo that has bolt holes or even what size bolts screws into then?
I have looked everywhere and can not seem to find them. Thanks so much in advance, Brever

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Here’s the brackets I’m talking about
In other markets (i.e. Australia) there is a factory option for a second gas tank. My guess is that those brackets are part of the support for it. Baz could possibly confirm that since he has that tank on his FJ.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m wanting to add a 2 gallon air tank and compressor. I’m going to make a bracelet to bolt it on there and was wondering what size bolts fit them. I appreciate all the comments and if anyone knows the bolt size please let me know.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
I dont know for sure but I'd grab a M8-1.25 and try it....everything always seems to be that lol

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
I'm 97% sure its M8, as M6 (~1/4") is only used for trim. M8 is about the minimum diameter Toyota uses for carrying any kind of a load.

For thread size, iwashmycar is right: M6-1.0, M8-1.25, those are the standard thread pitches for those two diameter of fasteners on Toyotas.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Same bolts as skids. M8‐1.25,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts