Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
How about 13 years? After I take delivery of my FJC I will sell my 13 year old Toyota truck to the next guy that stops me to ask if it's for sale. Happens about once a week.
Hey elemint, did your name used to be docaltie?

·
Registered
142 Posts
No, this is my name. I find toyota and nissan to be equally well built and i like them both.

Pancho said:
How about 13 years? After I take delivery of my FJC I will sell my 13 year old Toyota truck to the next guy that stops me to ask if it's for sale. Happens about once a week.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Pancho said:

Funny! Truly good stuff there...

·
Registered
552 Posts
EJR said:
Call me poseur,.....oh yeah, make that poseur thats had the test drive. ;)

Wait so you’re admitting that you were able to drive :) ? Hmmm hope "they" don't show up at your door some time late at night and give you the whole take the pictures off line or we will break your legs thing. You noticed we haven't heard from Jordan lately, he could be stuffed in a cargo container headed to Japan right now.......

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Maybe thats who was playing ding-dong-ditch the other night? T-O-Y-O-T.....you know who......shhhhhh!!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
This may not be as big a deal as stats and specs and all, but as long as they are reasonably similar in terms of performance and reliability, i have to say the main reason I think I like the FJ better is that I feel there is a sort of timelessness to the design.
Twenty years from now, the Xterra will seem dated, ugly, and uncool; it'll become one of those vehicles that no one really wants to own anymore, but will own if they cant afford a new vehicle. However, I feel the FJ will still be in my driveway as my fun car, it will still have a cool factor, and I can picture my kid actually wanting to borrow the FJ over whatever sedan I will own at that time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really like the XTerra, too, but the ultimate deciding factor for me is that it's made by Americans, so I won't be buying one. If they manufactured it in Japan, instead of Tennessee, it would be a no brainer for me based wholly on rear visibility.

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts
My brother and I just went and looked at a new Xterra the other day. He owned one in 2000 and never had one problem with it. Just decided to trade it in one day a more fuel effecient BMW 3 Series. The one he had was powered by a 170HP V6. At the time there was a SuperCharged option if you wanted more power. Now they all ride with the same V6. A 4.0 liter just like the FJ, I think with about 260 HP, 280 LB Ft. torque. It was really nice inside. The ones we were looking at had the OffRoad Pkg. That includes almost all of the goodies. Skid Plates, Bilstien shocks, Rear locker, 16" wheels with 265/75 AT's. The OffRoad also has all the fancy techno stuff like traction control, handling control, and even a Hill decent control. Also had the Rockford Fosgate sound system. Sounded sweet! The only thing you get when you move up to the SE, is 17" wheels, leather steering wheel, and the sound std. But you give up all the off road stuff, so that's a no brainer. An FJ with the Convienence Pkg. and Upgrade 2, plus the roof rack and you are at about the exact same price as the OffRoad Xterra. Now they will sell the 06's at MSRP and there was a few 05's that they were willing to discount $3000.00 because of a $2000.00 factory rebate and another $1000.00 off from the dealer. That makes it a real deal. I figure it will be hard to find an 05 real soon, so if you're thinking Xterra, you better hurry up because there is no difference between the 05 and 06 other than price.

All in all, we really thought the truck was super sweet! If you look a the specs: HP and torque, interior space, exterior dimensions, ground clearance, approach and departure angles, options, they come out very similar. I think the Toyota might articulate just a little better in stock form because the Nissan uses a leaf spring suspension in the rear and that might make the Toyota handle better on road as well. Really the only major difference that we could see was just that, the looks. I think it comes down to which trucks looks you like better. Me...I'll be getting an FJ, but I wouldn't be mad if someone gave me an OffRoad equiped Xterra.

Also take a look at this thread.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=753

·
Registered
119 Posts
I test drove the new Xterra a while back, and while it seems like a great vehicle, I could never own one. It's too small.

More specifically, it's a big car that seems small on the inside. The driver seat area is really small. The headroom is low. If I lean forward I bang my head against the headliner. I can't lift my arms.

Apparently the Murano is the opposite - seems smaller outside, larger inside.

I'll probably check both of them again before making the final decision on the FJ.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
justfred said:
I test drove the new Xterra a while back, and while it seems like a great vehicle, I could never own one. It's too small.

More specifically, it's a big car that seems small on the inside. The driver seat area is really small. The headroom is low. If I lean forward I bang my head against the headliner. I can't lift my arms.

Apparently the Murano is the opposite - seems smaller outside, larger inside.

I'll probably check both of them again before making the final decision on the FJ.
the murano is nicer inside than an xterra - but it's more along the lines of a poor man's lexus kind of feel. lame and lame. the xterra is a great ride for a sorority chick.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Pancho said:

Hey, Panchito? Is your TRUCK 4 SALE? I promise only my dogs will ride in it, and NO, wives, girlfriends, or kids... :D

As far as the Xterra goes, I drove the off-Road edition, AT, extensively, and it's a very nice truck, but I decided to wait for the FJC 'cuz it looks better.

S.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Pancho said:
HA! mines 19, but im keeping it as a beater once i get a new DD, FJ or otherwise.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts