Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While having a rock chip repaired recently at my local glass shop I found this article in a Autoglass magazine. I also found the article posted on the web.

Go to: http://www.autoglassmagazine.net/htdocs/07install_ToyotaFJ.pdf

The information is worth knowing and sharing withanyone changing windshields.

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
952 Posts
Very detailed article - thanks for posting

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
excellent info.....Thanks. Mine has numerous chips and stars but with the intricacy of the removal and install I am hoping that the longer I wait the more times the glass shops will have practised.....ON SOMEONE ELSE'S FJ!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Exactly.. It's almost like the built the car around the windshield.. Gezz.. Ron

excellent info.....Thanks. Mine has numerous chips and stars but with the intricacy of the removal and install I am hoping that the longer I wait the more times the glass shops will have practised.....ON SOMEONE ELSE'S FJ!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Most good glass shops have had practice by now. As for mine I have had 3 replacements. The only thing that they do NOT do is replace all of the christmas tree type fasteners. It is a good idea to get these from the dealer befor you take your rig in for the repair. There is actually 4 different type of clips/fasteners involved in the replacement. I always inspect the work done by dealers or repair shops after I have mine in and unfortunatly too many times I find something that is not up to my expectations. ALWAYS check there work.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Thanks Dale

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts
Most good glass shops have had practice by now. As for mine I have had 3 replacements. The only thing that they do NOT do is replace all of the christmas tree type fasteners. It is a good idea to get these from the dealer befor you take your rig in for the repair. There is actually 4 different type of clips/fasteners involved in the replacement. I always inspect the work done by dealers or repair shops after I have mine in and unfortunatly too many times I find something that is not up to my expectations. ALWAYS check there work.
Do you have the P/N's and quantities of each clip needed?

Thanks, DEWFPO

·
Registered
308 Posts
While having a rock chip repaired recently at my local glass shop I found this article in a Autoglass magazine. I also found the article posted on the web.

Go to: http://www.autoglassmagazine.net/htdocs/07install_ToyotaFJ.pdf

The information is worth knowing and sharing withanyone changing windshields.

cheers,

dale
SUPER HELPFUL! I have a guy coming out early next week to replace mine. Maybe I'll sit on the side lines with this install info to see if he does it correctly!
Thanks amigo :bandit:

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts