Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

so my search for a new vehicle began when I started struggling to get my tuba out of my 13’ Beetle in tight parking lots. I’m been researching for a while, and I always come back to the FJ Cruiser. Hoping to get some debt paid off before I take on more responsibility, but I’m enjoying learning about these vehicles. I even have an FJ wish list started. I love the idea of Overlanding. I’ve never been off roading, I’d love to explore some of the old carriage roads here left over from the 1700’s.

Anyway, thanks for letting me live vicariously through all of you!

Greg

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I wondered why the chair felt weird.....

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Everybody. Thanks for all the greetings! Anybody have issues with their 2007? I heard that the rear isn’t as strong as the 2010+ and also there could be fender buckling under the hood. I’d like to check out the 4x4 system. You’re not suppose to go into 4 low on asphalt right? I mean you can engage it and roll a few feet right? Am I expecting a clunk/noise when it engages. I have a habit of buying first year cars, or transition cars and end up getting into trouble.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Having a 2010 I'm not best one to answer, however, In going through the forum with the son of one of my friends (he was looking at 2007-8s) the comments never struck us as serious.
IIRC the pre-2010 has more torque, the 2010+ has more horsepower. We never saw the cracking issue. Some who did seemed to get on without an issue, hopefully you don't have to face it.
Seems like one is always fixing or changing something, anyway.

More importantly, Iconic_ and DebFJVT (off the top of my head, others as well) have 2007s. They put their machines through their paces.
Now sometimes stuff breaks on Deb's - but that's just how Deb rolls, she has her own patch. The rest of us are only hoping to keep up ;-)
Point being a 2007 FJ is still an FJ! You're gonna have fun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts