Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Forgot to ask...

Is everyone just tent or FJ camping? I was thinking about just throwing a blow up in the back of the FJ and calling it home.
I'm planning on sleeping in the FJ with my handy, dandy TruckBedz mattress & Skeeter Beaters...plus I will attempt to string up a tarp over the truck in case it rains so I can keep the windows down for ventilation.

·
Registered
151 Posts
So whose getting there Friday night and whose arriving Saturday morning?

I want to come down Friday night but I need to find out what time they close the gates. Getting off at 5pm on a Friday, then driving down from DFW will be interesting.

·
Call me Pickles
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I think a few of us are renting the cabins.

Cabins and RV sites are discounted with the 20% as well. They built like 9 more new cabins with A/C

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
I'm planning on being there all of Friday. Scouting runs for the Fallout, since they change so often...

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
So whose getting there Friday night and whose arriving Saturday morning?

I want to come down Friday night but I need to find out what time they close the gates. Getting off at 5pm on a Friday, then driving down from DFW will be interesting.
When I drive out to Hidden Falls from Houston after work on a Friday, more often than not I just stay in a hotel Friday night then head to the park first thing Saturday morning. They close the gates fairly early.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Ryan/Walter - for the benefit of those of us who will be showing up at the park Saturday morning, would you be able to post a run schedule in advance? Like the meeting spot & time for beginner, intermediate, etc. and maybe a primary & back-up CB channel? Maybe the office will let you post a notice with info/updates for attendees who are checking in. Just a thought :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm in. I hope it isn't too scary...

The Honey Badger is kinda clean, and hasn't wheeled in a while. Getting used to the mall crawling life.
Hey Tatum... you going to be in two places at once? I have BMRA Scout Clean-up on my calendar for the same weekend. What changed?

·
Call me Pickles
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Tonya I will talk to Walter about the scheduling. Meet up area will be Area B which is much easier to find than area 51 for people who have never been to the park. Can't post up trails early because they have been changing DRAMATICALLY on almost a weekly basis. Jody revenge for instance can no longer be used as a beginner run and a good chunk of intermediate rigs still wont make it safely.

Walter and Myself will be scouting more runs as we get closer to the event.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Quick question about camping, are we going to be staying in Area B? And do they have electrical hookups? I don't want to sleep in the tent again in this heat unless I have a fan going.
Any idea as to what the cabins are going for? I might rent one of those for the night instead of dealing with my RTT again since I don't have a trailer for it yet.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
So something has come up at work for that weekend and I won't be able to make it, which sucks :( I have a driver and passenger ticket for sale, and it looks like through TicketLeap I can easily send them to someone else. PM me if you'd like to buy my 2 tickets off me, $35 (standard event price) and they're yours.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
So something has come up at work for that weekend and I won't be able to make it, which sucks :( I have a driver and passenger ticket for sale, and it looks like through TicketLeap I can easily send them to someone else. PM me if you'd like to buy my 2 tickets off me, $35 (standard event price) and they're yours.
I'm already registered, but just curious.. are you providing the buyer your t-shirt? :|

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is my first time on this forum and I registered for this event. I am super excited this will be my first time taking the fj offroad besides the beach. I have a couple questions I'm hoping y'all can answer for me.

Do I pay for the park fees now online? or wait until I show up at the gates?

Once those are paid, will it cover wheeling costs as well?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
This is my first time on this forum and I registered for this event. I am super excited this will be my first time taking the fj offroad besides the beach. I have a couple questions I'm hoping y'all can answer for me.

Do I pay for the park fees now online? or wait until I show up at the gates?

Once those are paid, will it cover wheeling costs as well?
You will definitely have a great time!!! I'm sure @Rsivley and @fendric will chime in with more details. But, I know that you'll pay the additional park fees at the park, and it will cover wheeling costs :). You'll probably need to let them know that you're there for the FJ Fallout too.

See you there :)

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Boo! Sorry you can't make it Brandon! I understand those work obligations though! Hope to see you soon on a future run :). I still owe you a bottle of Fireball that you may not even remember giving to me :lol:

61 - 80 of 136 Posts