Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

FJ Fix of the day ...

5K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  pixyzel 
#1 ·
For us that are waiting ... Have you got your FJ fix for the day ... If you spotted one ... What colour and where ...

Today I had a close encounter with a Vodoo Blue just behind me at Darra ... :bigthumb:
Yesterday a Ebony at Bardon ... :bigthumb:

The more we see them on the road the closer we are in getting ours ... :cheers:

#4 ·
Saw a titanium parked out the front of Scarboro Toyota here in Perth (although I've seen it there a couple of times, not sure if it's customer or dealer car).

The great thing is that the dealership's new car lot is visible when heading south into the city down one of our freeways (ie, you drive over a bridge and the dealership is down on a main road) so whenever I'm driving to work, I'll have a look at what FJ they usually have parked out front.

#5 ·
VooDoo Blue! Lucky. They replaced the VB here in the states with Cavalry Blue. What other colors are they offering you all Down Under?

#7 ·
Titanium
Sandstone
Ebony
Jungle (green)
Brick Red
Military blue (same as Cavalry I expect)
Voodoo blue
Hornet Yellow
White

I believe (haven't heard other than on here) that the Hornet and Voodoo are limited time and they seem to be the main ones the dealers have - get attention for sure.

#6 ·
i looked at mine this morning... sitting in my driveway... as I drove off in my 30+mpg camry :(

#10 ·
My Voodoo Blue, 1:18 Scale Model turned up today (only took 5 days to get here from the US!).

I think I'll 'run it in' around the kitchen for a while before I take it out to the backyard to stretch its legs in the mud. Should get some good pics!

(See what all this waiting around does - you go stir crazy!! :jester:)

#18 ·
This is pretty cool how you guys in Australia get excited when you spot another FJ. It reminds me back in the Spring of 2006 when I ordered mine and there were hardly any to be found. When I did see one I couldn't wait to get my hands on mine, of course it took about 2 months to get mine when I ordered it so I know how you guys are feeling. Enjoy the "newness", it sounds like your FJ Army is growing daily! :cheers:

#21 ·
Channel 10 news here tonight had an item about the newest batch of cars to arrive from Japan - the first since the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear (partial) meltdown. The union workers on the docks at Port Kembla (NSW) wanted the cars (quote 'mostly Toyotas') tested for radiation. News footage showed a lot of commercial vans leaving the ship...and a TINY grab of TWO FJ's - one ebony/white roof and one voodoo blue/white roof.

I want my jungle green one! :mecry:

#26 · (Edited)
A dealer here in Perth has 2x FJ''s on display (a white one and a yellow one).

A friend drove past and saw the white one (which is what I have on order) so called me to check it out. Unfortunately both have sold stickers on them! Got to say though, white looks awesome in the flesh!

I took a couple of pics as I know how much we all need our FJ fix! One of the pics has a Rukus in between the FJ's, or maybe dwarfed is a better word!

#27 ·
After not seeing an FJ for more than a week ... Spotted a black one tonight at one of the bus stop along Coronation Ave. With hazard lights on, Towey behind and a Yellow Cab behind towey ... Could not tell if it is an accident because visibility is not good due to the rain ... Hope everything is OK ... :)

#28 ·
Glad mine is Blue and safe downstairs in the garage! Nearly wrecked mine on it's second day - was turning right on a green arrow and a lady came through the red light at me. Horrible thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.