Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The truck of my dreams! I live in NE Ohio and deal with quite a bit of snow. I’ve saved up and wanted a bigger vehicle and finally got one. I searched for weeks trying to find a Green FJ, and when the TT edition became available, I knew I had to make my move. I feel like I got a great price and am not worried about the miles per year at all.

Purchased August 30, 2014
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Trail Teams Edition
Army Green
77,000 miles

Stock Pics:

Already came with:
Upgraded stereo deck with touch screen and navigation
Headrest DVD players for back seats
Blacked out parts
Tinted windows
Roof rack with lights and wind damper
3” lift
OEM Rock Rails
BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 – 285/75R16
Non-OEM hitch

Completed mods:
10/15/2014 - Hi-Lift Jack

Hi-Lift Jack HL484 48" Hi-Lift Black Cast and Steel Jack
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Hi-Lift-Jack-HK-B-Black-Handle-Keeper/dp/B000F285EG"]
Hi-Lift Jack HK-B Black Handle-Keeper
[/URL]Hi-Lift Jack NJC Neoprene Jack Cover
Warrior Products 3840 Hi Lift Jack Mount

10/16/2014 - Cargo Storage

Genuine Toyota Accessories PT912-35070 Cargo Net

10/18/2014 - Brake Light Decal

3rd Brake Decal Overlay

10/20/2014 - Door Sill Protectors

Trail Teams Edition Door Sill Protectors

Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flare Set
Warrior Products 3841 Axe/Shovel Mount
CB Radio Kit

Pending mods:

*Baja Rack Ladder
*Demello Off-road Hybrid Sliders
*Demello Off-road Evil Eye Front Steel Bumper - Inspiration Pic
- w/ Acro P2235 bumper lights
- w/ OEM auxiliary lights
*Air on Board Switches
*Black out turn signal trim and tail light trim and VHT Nite-Shade the lenses
*Matching spare tire
*Interior lights to LEDs
*Trail Teams goodies: Grill Badge, Tool Bag, Back Pack, Gloves, Lanyard, Blanket

Future mods:
*Winch
*Skids / Armor (hopefully custom made locally)
*Recovery Gear
*Lower Door Cladding
*Springtail Cargo Storage
*Steel Rear Bumper (Demello Swing Out? w/ lights)
*Hidden Hitch
*Trail Teams all weather mats
*Radio deck unit (Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX)

Who Knows:
*Cargo area cooler
*Dual battery
*Snorkel
*Scuba mod

Fun Trips:
10/5/2014 @ Southing Offroad 5 Days After Delivery

·
Registered
758 Posts
Congrats on finding it! We love this color also!

Excited to see how your build progresses. Let us know if you ever have any questions.

Cheers!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
10/23/2014 - Bushwackers

Got my Bushwackers today and installed them right away! Took about three hours to install with help of my brother. Getting the tabs off proved difficult and I found all the dirt up in the wheel well area too. I wasn't sure I would like them too much, and thought I would change the silver bolts to black oxide ones. But once installed, I was amazed at the transformation. Looks like I even got more inches of lift too!

Bushwacker Flairs

Coming up next is my CB Radio install (hopefully this weekend).

·
Registered
767 Posts
10/23/2014 - Bushwackers

Got my Bushwackers today and installed them right away! Took about three hours to install with help of my brother. Getting the tabs off proved difficult and I found all the dirt up in the wheel well area too. I wasn't sure I would like them too much, and thought I would change the silver bolts to black oxide ones. But once installed, I was amazed at the transformation. Looks like I even got more inches of lift too!

Bushwacker Flairs

Coming up next is my CB Radio install (hopefully this weekend).
Looking good! That is a whole lot of wheel well! looks like 35's will tuck right in from that angle!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
10/24/2014 - Axe / Shovel Mount

Got my duel tool mount on the roof today. I custom painted / dipped a Kobalt shovel and axe before mounting on the roof. Only thing is I don't like how low the axe sits, and also the mount is more on the round side, so my oval shaped axe handle doesn't fit perfectly. And with a D-handle type on the shovel, I was limited to how I could fit it. But with the bolts all tightened, I was able to hang from them without a worry.

Warrior Products 3841 Axe/Shovel Mount

Also got some CB stuff done today, will wrap things up with it tomorrow.

Was told by Demello that my Evil Eye bumper and Hybrid sliders are shipping early this week!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
10/27/2014 - CB Radio Install

I am a newbie at electrical work, so I was afraid this task may be too difficult. Running the wire and setting up the antenna mount was a breeze. I tried to follow the instructions first by slicing into the cig lighter power wires, but just couldn't get it to work and blew the in-line fuse. Eventually I got outside help and used a tap-a-fuse to power directly from the fuse panel. All in all, turned out to be a bigger project than I expected. I really like the setup of the all-in-one handset.

CB Radio Kit for FJ Cruiser

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have had the truck for almost a month and have been suffering from a popping noise, which seemed to be driver front wheel area. Finally have sourced the issue in that the tire is rubbing the upper control arm. I asked around and most people said to get wheel spacers to help prevent the rub. Only concern is that I have to check to make sure I have the body mount chop already done to the frame before I get the spacers.

Picture:

Video:
http://youtu.be/QbE3ZI3Ds8g

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
You sir have a nice rig! Checking to confirm whether the BMC has been performed is rather easy.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Nice ride.:rocker:

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Hey nice rig!! Any chance you can post some pics of the demello bumper evil eyes aluminum? I plan on going that route too. Thanks..

As for your rubbing issue why not just go with different control arms?

Thanks I'm from cleveland too.. Berea TTUE

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Your rig is looking really good! Nice job so far! ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Boy does this thread need updating! Sorry for that guys.

I got rotopax roof mounted, treds roof mounted, metal tech long travel rear suspension, toytec boss front coilovers, rci metalworks skids, db customz cowl mount, db customz toyote grille, engo winch, recovery gear.

Will update this sometime in the next couple of weeks...

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
See, thread revivals are a good thing! Keeps OP's on their toes! ;)

Reactions: FJ&TJ_Dude

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
10/27/2014 - CB Radio Install

I am a newbie at electrical work, so I was afraid this task may be too difficult. Running the wire and setting up the antenna mount was a breeze. I tried to follow the instructions first by slicing into the cig lighter power wires, but just couldn't get it to work and blew the in-line fuse. Eventually I got outside help and used a tap-a-fuse to power directly from the fuse panel. All in all, turned out to be a bigger project than I expected. I really like the setup of the all-in-one handset.

CB Radio Kit for FJ Cruiser

I have yet to do this...can you tell me how the CB handset is attatched to the switch panel? thx

Mike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts