Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Conner of Toyota's Central Trail Team takes on Boulder Creek Off Road Park. Two 2' steps spaced just right to give both axles trouble at the same time. You can really see the A-Track control wheel spin. Camera angle doesn't show the steepness of the hill very well.

Edit: FJ has stock tires, Revtek spacer lift, full skids.

FJ Grindage: Trail Team TX Hill Country Run on Vimeo

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
I might have pilled up a rock or two there instead of banging the rig around so hard, but I guess when it's not really your rig, you can abuse it more - I'm surprised he didn't break down first - :cowfrown:

-

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might have pilled up a rock or two there instead of banging the rig around so hard, but I guess when it's not really your rig, you can abuse it more - I'm surprised he didn't break down first - :cowfrown:

-
That would have made it just like the drive-around path.
No point in making a video of that. The Rubicon flew up it, and the rest of the FJs went around.

Part of Trail Teams purpose is to demostrate the FJs ability.

I hate when people sanitize trail features.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
That would have made it just like the drive-around path.
No point in making a video of that. The Rubicon flew up it, and the rest of the FJs went around.

Part of Trail Teams purpose is to demostrate the FJs ability.

I hate when people sanitize trail features.
Another part of the trail teams purpose is to demonstrate how to safely and sanely get the vehicle through a trail - watching an instructional video of how to bridge a tough spot would IMHO be worth watching - :cheers:

-

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another part of the trail teams purpose is to demonstrate how to safely and sanely get the vehicle through a trail - watching an instructional video of how to bridge a tough spot would IMHO be worth watching - :cheers:-
I agree.
This was not the instructional part of the day. They did a winch class in that very spot earlier with Woodys rig. Conner just wanted to see if he could drive trough. Unlike the rest of us Conner had full skids.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Awesome video, almost as good as being there. The truck had no damage,except he did pop a few chunks of rubber off the tires. You must remember that he is a professional driver trained to do just what he did. Toyota makes them go through safety and driving courses. All the team members are CPR certified and none of the have ever rollen an FJ. We laughed about it afterwards and he said "its cool".

If you missed this run, keep watching I may try and set up another for early next year when it is not going to be so hot outside.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Can't see the video... :mecry::mecry:

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
What's that??? ...later this year ...Octoberish you say??

:p
You know there is a good posibility that it will still be good and warm in October. Nice and cold is the deal.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Nice video. I've added you on the vimeo channel.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Thank you for the awesome video ATXFJ! I missed that one while I was back at camp cooking lunch.

Conner of Toyota's Central Trail Team takes on Boulder Creek Off Road Park. Two 2' steps spaced just right to give both axles trouble at the same time. You can really see the A-Track control wheel spin. Camera angle doesn't show the steepness of the hill very well.

Edit: FJ has stock tires, Revtek spacer lift, full skids.

FJ Grindage: Trail Team TX Hill Country Run on Vimeo

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I might have pilled up a rock or two there instead of banging the rig around so hard, but I guess when it's not really your rig, you can abuse it more - I'm surprised he didn't break down first - :cowfrown:-
:werd:

Another part of the trail teams purpose is to demonstrate how to safely and sanely get the vehicle through a trail - watching an instructional video of how to bridge a tough spot would IMHO be worth watching - :cheers:-
:werd:

While it is impressive to see that he made it up, it appeared to me that he was bordering on the edge of breaking something. A little forethought prior to tackling the obstacle probably would have paid off. Of course, the next guy to use the trail will need to bridge the "new" holes in order to get through.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.