Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am back from a one week trip in Tunisia. I loaded the FJ on a ferry in France then headed in Tunisia. I explorered Tunisia including 2 days in sand dunes. Then back to Italy on a ferry. Great trip and the FJ performed perfectly. If someone is interested in this sort of trip I can give details. Check out my video and give me a 馃憤

https://youtu.be/gHHlDH0Vcuw

Registered
I am back from a one week trip in Tunisia. I loaded the FJ on a ferry in France then headed in Tunisia. I explorered Tunisia including 2 days in sand dunes. Then back to Italy on a ferry. Great trip and the FJ performed perfectly. If someone is interested in this sort of trip I can give details. Check out my video and give me a 馃憤

https://youtu.be/gHHlDH0Vcuw
Thumbs up given
Keep posting - love this and your FJ in Greece video

I Have a V-8!! Moderator
Very nice! Thank you for posting.

Mean Time Moderator
Great video thanks for sharing.

Loved the slo-mo of the snatch recovery... but hated to see a metal shackle joining the two ropes... pm me your address and I'll send you a soft shackle.

If you go again and there's room for one more FJ let me know!

Registered
Great video - was this the first time you had your FJ in N. Africa?

Any issues with fuel quality?

It's amazing how similar some of the Tunisian desert terrain is to the deserts in South-West USA (at least until the point where the camel crossed the trail in front of you).

I'd swear some of the shots were taken in the Mojave desert in California.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Great video - was this the first time you had your FJ in N. Africa?

Any issues with fuel quality?
It was my fifth time in N. Africa (twice in Tunisia and three times in Morocco).

Absolutely no fuel quality issue in N. Africa. I always carry 2 jerricans if 5,5 gal each and usually use them as the FJ fuel range is really short. The tunisian dunes are complicated, soft and I got 8-9 mpg.

Registered
Great video, looks like an awesome trip! I would love to do a trip like that in our FJ, but its a long way to take it from Australia! 馃憤

1 - 8 of 8 Posts