Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you FJ enthusiasts from southern California want to see the FJ up close and personal, just take a trip to Torrance, Toyota's US headquarters, Exit Western from the 405, Corporate Campus sits at the intersection of 190th and Western. Spans about 3 blocks, take a few minutes, drive around, you will see all colors, options, etc. Just saw 4 different one today, Voodoo, Fusion, Silver, Black. Worthy All.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I saw one on the 405 near there. It was Voodoo Blue but when I looked in my mirror I noticed it had the new round Toyota logo, instead of TOYOTA spelled out. I assume this might be one of the preproduction or concepts, but I dont really know.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Perv3rse said:
I saw one on the 405 near there. It was Voodoo Blue but when I looked in my mirror I noticed it had the new round Toyota logo, instead of TOYOTA spelled out. I assume this might be one of the preproduction or concepts, but I dont really know.
interesting. like this one I saw at the auto show. I can't imagine they'd be driving the concept around though...

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was really excited to see it. When I passed it I was only really able to watch it in my mirror occasionally. I didnt notice the winch/hook apparatus in the front bumper, but we were driving freeway speeds and I could have just missed it. However I did notice that there was no T O Y O T A written across the grill and only had the small emblem that is on all new Toyotas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
TravelToy said:
If any of you FJ enthusiasts from southern California want to see the FJ up close and personal, just take a trip to Torrance, Toyota's US headquarters, Exit Western from the 405, Corporate Campus sits at the intersection of 190th and Western. Spans about 3 blocks, take a few minutes, drive around, you will see all colors, options, etc. Just saw 4 different one today, Voodoo, Fusion, Silver, Black. Worthy All.
My wife works at Toyota Corporate HQ there in Torrance. They have an arboretum (sp?) type space in the middle of their main building and it has 5 or 6 different car "stages" amongst a bunch of plants and indoor landscaping where they actually drive cars into the building and put them on display for the associates to check out. They leave them unlocked, so the associates can even sit in them if they'd like. Well, in February, they highlighted the FJ Cruiser and had a bunch of them in there. I went to pick up the wife and went in and was able to check them all out quite a while ago - it was great and they had all the colors there, along with all the preliminary info on them... It has definitely fanned the fires for me. Now, I'm just waiting to see if the wife can get a better deal direct from corporate, or if a dealer can get me one. You'd think associates could get a bigger discount rate, but sometimes the dealers have better incentives or packages at better pricing... We'll see!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts