Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Make sure and grease your drive shafts! The majority of mechanics don't do that....one good reason to do your own service.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
it's always nice to have that good feeling of knowing that you've been taking care of the vehicle before heading out like this.

·
Registered
59 Posts
30K service is next Friday and I'm just waiting on my Boztec mount and Firestik to arrive so I can install the CB. It will be time to hit the road before we know it... :clap:

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Brand new Falkens are jumping on my FJ before the Summit! Oh YES!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
^ Good Man! Support your vendors, without them the Summit would not happen!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Make sure and grease your drive shafts! The majority of mechanics don't do that....one good reason to do your own service.
Why does this message sound dirty every time I read it??

Anyway, when you service yourself, what brand of lube do you use for your shaft?

I need to buy some ASAP, but I don't have my owners manual around to see what is recommended. If I can't find anything else I'll probably end up with some:
"Royal Purple 01312 NLGI No. 2 High Performance Multi-Purpose Synthetic Ultra Performance Grease" that I found online.

Then I need to find a grease gun that won't fall apart the first time I go to use it. All the review I read online say that they are all crap! Maybe I'll hit sears.?

Thank,
-C

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Why does this message sound dirty every time I read it??

Anyway, when you service yourself, what brand of lube do you use for your shaft?

I need to buy some ASAP, but I don't have my owners manual around to see what is recommended. If I can't find anything else I'll probably end up with some:
"Royal Purple 01312 NLGI No. 2 High Performance Multi-Purpose Synthetic Ultra Performance Grease" that I found online.

Then I need to find a grease gun that won't fall apart the first time I go to use it. All the review I read online say that they are all crap! Maybe I'll hit sears.?

Thank,
-C
You have a way with words!:lol:Any grease will work, i would recommend a synthetic and if your going to order it I would order AMSOIL instead of RP (personal preference). :clap: Looking forward to seeing you and the prettier half, Drinks this time instead of the laundry mat! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I use the Valvoline synthetic....some people like the Mobile 1, it's pink and easy to see when it squishes out of the u-joints. Play away!

Land Cruiser just rolled over 170k, service done and ready to roll.....except for the run up to DT to get a tire rotation.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ol' Blue is ready for the trek to Ouray! We wheeled some trails at Coal Creek OHV near Knoxville, TN last weekend to knock off some dust in anticipation of the summit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts