Votes: 17 37.8%
  • Sunday, June 1

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Saturday, June 7

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Sunday, June 8

Votes: 6 13.3%
41 - 60 of 204 Posts
Put me down for June 7. It is MrsAcetechno's birthday this week and I know she and the kids would like to go back. I remember the one larger tiger in the middle of the place was pacing back and forth stalking my little boy for a mid afternoon snack. :D Glad my boy was on the outside of the cage. :cheers:

I wonder who's, pictures they used, and if they got permission.

probly not the best place to post this......dont want to hi-jack the KITTY TRIP #2 with sad news......but i'm sorry to hear about stephans incident. I still have unbelievable memories of Randy Millers demonstration with the bear on our last trip in november......i was impressed with the professionalism and caution used with all the animals. its very sad.

Todd,

Thank you for putting this together! I missed the last trip so would love to go this time no matter what date it turns out to be. Put me down for three, please! :)

M

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Thanks Maureen - I have been a little busy with the media and the grizzly so now I can get back to this.

I want to reiterate here that FW is not a trainer - we are a rescue. All the animals stay in their enclosures.

Randy Miller is also a rescue, except he doesn't have any funding sources except film work. The animals love the opportunity to get out and do film work. All of his animals, like Forever Wild's, come from illegal or negligent ownership situations and can't go back into the wild.

What I know about the attack itself is that it was not an aggression thing, it was a 700lb. thing. A tooth came into contact with an artery, thouigh it was a playful bite. Needless to say everybody knows about the consequences of a "playful bite" and the animals are all taught never to bite, no matter what.

But this is a rule for trained animals, and Forever Wild's cats are not trained.

May 31st from 12-2...myself and 1 guest please

6/7/08

10:00-12:00

Me + 1

41 - 60 of 204 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.