Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple days ago i was was driving on the highway and started to noticed that i was losing power, i pulled over to the side and my car shut off, tried to start it back up, the car started but die instantly.
today i was trying to figure out the problem and tried to turn the car on, it would crank as if it was going to turn on but it would not start. i have no clue what the problem would be.

PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
im not 100% sure that was my first thought because it did feel like i had no gas but i have well over 1/4 a tank left, is there any way i would be able to check if it is or not without having to drop the tank and checking the fuel pump?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Add 5 gallons of gas and try it again. Some FJ owners have had the same problem you are having (fuel guage shows 1/4 tank) but the tank was actually empty. A faulty fuel level sending unit may be your problem. Try this out an let us know. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Add 5 gallons of gas and try it again. Some FJ owners have had the same problem you are having (fuel guage shows 1/4 tank) but the tank was actually empty. A faulty fuel level sending unit may be your problem. Try this out an let us know. Good luck.
that actually worked thank you very much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts