Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few highlights of Part 1 to Miller.

Part Deux on Miller Trail

Even the lizards where pending the BBQ !

Quick lift from Doug to the top.You get tired running up and down spotting.

The crew relaxing & pending BBQ

Geo & Doug making through a rock graden.
This is one of my favorite pics.Def more articulation without the rear sway bar.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Re: Miller Jeep Trail Run 5/25/08

hey all, a few of us from our club are dropping tamarisk eradication guys in to miller/lockwood area saturday morning and camping the two nights before evac on monday. I and a couple with things to do sat will be heading up sunday morn early and camping the night/ leaving sometime monday, if you see us come say hi!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

Oscar, I'm so in on this, those pics look awesome. I'm stoked. Be one of the first to run this trail as its re opened.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

hey all, a few of us from our club are dropping tamarisk eradication guys in to miller/lockwood area saturday morning and camping the two nights before evac on monday. I and a couple with things to do sat will be heading up sunday morn early and camping the night/ leaving sometime monday, if you see us come say hi!
foo sure cruser Im pretty sure we will run into each other.You have a CB???

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

I can't go. It's my sister's birthday that day.

:( :( :(

You guys should ask CruiserLarry to join you.

Please promise to join me when I have a weekend for it :D

Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
504 Posts

Going to Tuweep at the north rim, but definitely want to run this trail some time..

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts

Going to Tuweep at the north rim, but definitely want to run this trail some time..

Guys this is a killer trail, last time I ran it with my 80, I was blown away by the view. We got stuck having to wait with a whole bunch of heeps that broke down. As soon as I get a lift I'm going. You could probably make it with a prerunner, but you would be spinning alot. A locker is highly recommended for miller.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

You guys should ask CruiserLarry to join you.

Have fun and be safe.
We have the whole summer to play.Maybe next time will do a nightrun and camp for a night.I was just thinking of Larry also.He was just there before it was close for winter..

·
Registered
17 Posts

I would join you guys in a heartbeat!
But I cant because Im still waiting for a relay rod, tie rod, and TREs to be delivered and installed! And I dont see myself installing them on Fri night.

Have fun and be safe.
Yo Dawg -Ill join you on a future open weekend. It has to be bearable temperature though!

Guys this is a killer trail, last time I ran it with my 80, I was blown away by the view. We got stuck having to wait with a whole bunch of heeps that broke down. As soon as I get a lift I'm going. You could probably make it with a prerunner, but you would be spinning alot. A locker is highly recommended for miller.
Biff from MUD! Nice to hear from you. Didnt you run this with a stock 80?
Just to let you guys know Biff had a very capable 80 before selling it to another Cruiserhead. Mad skillz I tell you.

Cant wait to see what you do with your FJC.

·
Registered
211 Posts

That looks like a blast, 8 hours that's a lot after a day in the desert. Put me down as a maybe.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I have not had the chance to get up there. Is it no place for a prerunner?
You shoould be ok.We have all the recovery equipment if we need to use it.Roll out:cheers:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I would join you guys in a heartbeat!
But I cant because Im still waiting for a relay rod, tie rod, and TREs to be delivered and installed! And I dont see myself installing them on Fri night.

Yo Dawg -Ill join you on a future open weekend. It has to be bearable temperature though!

Biff from MUD! Nice to hear from you. Didnt you run this with a stock 80?
Just to let you guys know Biff had a very capable 80 before selling it to another Cruiserhead. Mad skillz I tell you.

Cant wait to see what you do with your FJC.
next time Allan.Cant wait to see your toyota finished.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

This sounds awesome... but is a lift necessary for this trail?
yes/no A lift is preffered to keep the under body of the Fj from scraping the ground.They are by pass routes you can take and avoid the Black Diamond sections.I've seen stock Fj's that have tackled huge obstacles.Its up to the driver.

·
Registered
17 Posts

This sounds awesome... but is a lift necessary for this trail?
In addition to what oscar has said:

I have not run this trail but know of others that have. Most important thing to have are sliders if you have a stock rig. And - good spotting over the questionable stuff.

Youll have good company with this crew.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

In addition to what oscar has said:

I have not run this trail but know of others that have. Most important thing to have are sliders if you have a stock rig. And - good spotting over the questionable stuff.

Youll have good company with this crew.
How've you been!?? Wish you could make this trip. I am running with no sliders and a lift. Should be okay. Upgraded to All Pro skids up front.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Alan why not carpool with 1 of us? we wouldnt mind a good spotter.hot dogs n' burgers for lunch...
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 225 Posts