Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of Pics of my Fj with Oznium Led Side Mirror Lights,Piaa Headlights and Led Park/Turn assembly.
Came out nice! .... and bright. see pics attached:clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks good! I am going to do this to mine, any problems on the install?

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Here are a couple of Pics of my Fj with Oznium Led Side Mirror Lights,Piaa Headlights and Led Park/Turn assembly.
Came out nice! .... and bright. see pics attached:clap:
Very nice and welcome to the forums Al.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Could you post the oznium part number for the mirror lights?
Oznium high-intensity led flood lights.
High-Intensity LED Flood Light

You have to modify the light assemblies, cut the bulb sockets and enlarge the hole using a Dremel with rotary filer. Also, Remove the light diffuser (silver/blue) to make then even brighter. I have a set that I modified from (Al's) donor side mirror light assemblies. Pm me if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
I bought Oznium's ORANGE floodlight so that they will somewhat match the amber-colored front marker lights. I'd like to eventually tap into the blinker circuit to make them flash with the turn signals and emergency flashers, but I haven't installed them yet...

To me the white-ish lights on the mirrors have always seemed pretty silly. They don't cast enough forward light to be useful as auxiliary driving lights, and if they did you'd probably get pulled over for them. That's just my stupid opinion, though. :cheers:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've wondered about those lights ever since I got Bruiser. Forward facing white lights that aren't headlamps or "driving/fog lamps" are illegal. I just wonder how they get away with having them on the mirrors. If they were amber they would be "clearance lights" and perfectly legal.

How do you get at the lights?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had PIAA's but sooner or later they go out. Repacing mirror lights is somewhat painful so this time I went LED.
I just installed LED's from Putco. Part# 230921W-360(white). They are twice as long as reg bulb but fit in perfectly. In comparison to PIAA' I had before they are double the briteness illumination.
I am very happy with this upgrade.
Check link below if you interested.

http://www.putco.com/products.cfm?action=ProductView&id=9ac2e07b-df8c-1992-9078-7540c16dd87f&partID=65f91754-5720-4e1c-a53f-977831f5d4a4

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
There has to be a better way to subscribe, via IPhone Autoguide.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
There has to be a better way to subscribe, via IPhone Autoguide.
I think you can hit menu and subscribe. I can't remember exactly, but I used to use iPhone and Autoguide...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think you can hit menu and subscribe. I can't remember exactly, but I used to use iPhone and Autoguide...
Hope this helps. Click on the button at the top right corner of the screen and these are the options you will get.

·
Registered
207 Posts
So how hard is it to replace the bulbs in the mirrors? And do you have a part number for the bulbs in the turn signals?

Looks really good :rocker:

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
I've tried that, but I can't find a way to view the subscribed threads. Only recall feature I can seem to figure out how to use is the "Participated" tab, which requires I post some goofy subscription notification to use for future reference.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Hope this helps. Click on the button at the top right corner of the screen and these are the options you will get.

My apologies for screwing this thread up with my idiocy, but how do you recall the subscribed threads on IPhone? Again, sincerest apologies for jacking this up.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
My apologies for screwing this thread up with my idiocy, but how do you recall the subscribed threads on IPhone? Again, sincerest apologies for jacking this up.
On the main page, after selecting the FJC forum of course, there is a favorites tab. This should be your subscribed threads. Sorry I am now using Android, so I can't post any photos...

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
On the main page, after selecting the FJC foruofm course, there is a favorites tab. This should be your subscribed threads. Sorry I am now using Anfroid, so I can't post any photos...
Thank you. I got it.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Side mirrror lights with Oznium amber/orange High Intensity Waterproof LED Spotlight;

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had PIAA's but sooner or later they go out. Repacing mirror lights is somewhat painful so this time I went LED.
I just installed LED's from Putco. Part# 230921W-360(white). They are twice as long as reg bulb but fit in perfectly. In comparison to PIAA' I had before they are double the briteness illumination.
I am very happy with this upgrade.
Check link below if you interested.

LED 360° Premium Replacement Bulbs by PUTCO
Was the light blue-ish or true white? I'd hate to do all of that work and then get that bad LED blue light. Lemme know, thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts