Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for advice as to what kind of LIFT KIT i should get and what SIZE TIRES. I really like how my FJ rides stock so i want to get something that will still allow the vehicle to have a nice ride and not make it stiff. Appreciate the help

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Lifts are personal preference.. How high you looking for? What Are you planning on doing with your rig? Trail, Rock, mud, mostly Highway, Daily driver? There are alot of things to take into consideration. There is a Lifts stickky thread in here that has alot of Pics and list what each rig is running.
Tires are the same....
I am running 6" procomp stage one, 1 1/4 Body lift and 35 Inch tires. Except for the noise from the tires it rides like factory...May not be what your looking for though as far as appearence..

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum! This topic has been asked many, many, many times before in countless threads. If you visit the suspension and wheels and tires sub forums you'll find all of the answers you're looking for.

If you want to maintain the stock suspension ride, you'll probably want a spacer lift like a Rough Country or a Revtek. The most common tire size with a 3" lift is a 285/70/17 or 285/75/16

Good luck with your search!

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Check this out for a start. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/suspension-steering-tech/121760-lifted-fj-sticky.html

My bad,,, Welcome to the forum. You will find endless modified vehicles and some arguments for lifting and for Not lifting your rig. Its a costly Modification. I would really put some time and energy into reading through the threads on this subject.. As far as questions go.. ASk away! but be prepared for ALOT of different answers... We all have opinions. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum! This topic has been asked many, many, many times before in countless threads. If you visit the suspension and wheels and tires sub forums you'll find all of the answers you're looking for.

If you want to maintain the stock suspension ride, you'll probably want a spacer lift like a Rough Country or a Revtek. The most common tire size with a 3" lift is a 285/70/17 or 285/75/16

Good luck with your search!
What Landy, only 3 "many's" I thought this question had been asked at least many x 14 times.

Welcome aboard. As already stated it's all relevant to opinion. If you want to keep the same ride quality, you're probably looking at a spacer lift. What kind of driving will you be doing? Ask yourself this, and from there you start looking into lifts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I use the FJ as my daily driver so i will be doing most of the driving on roads and freeways, occasionally i do offroad but for now i just want the looks. I figured out what wheels im getting but still unsure about the lift kit and the tires, looking for tires that will look good with the lift and feel good on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
As said Im running Pro-comp 6" lift stage one. Basicly it means utilizes stock shocks on front. It rides just like factory.. Its my base for later mods.. I wouldnt recommend this sorta lift to you at all unless you just want the look. For one it cuts you off from all parking garages.. Most dont like having to Climb in and out. If your going the daily driver route with some moderate off road & Factory ride.. Go with a spacer lift.. then add little larger than stock, good all terrain tire.. :wave:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I put Old Man Emu 3" medium coil lift kit, Light Racing upper control arms, and Firestone Destination AT 285s on mine. Rides better and handles better on the roads/highways than stock. Looks great. No regrets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts