Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...and these were done so far. I love the white dash elements, I was really annoyed by the silver components of the dash. Also the silver accents of the grille, rearview mirrors and door handles (outside / inside) were too much for my visual taste. I like black & white better, than to have the silver accents mixed in. Just my personal taste. Also I like the rear nametag / logo combo better this way. No chrome in the back, and on the left side of the rear door I can put a sticker later on. The steering wheel is much nicer with the silver accents turned white. I haven't decided yet about the chrome Toyota logo. Maybe I shall paint that into white, too.

When I replace the bumpers, then the silver is going to disappear completely :wink

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am thinking about Smittybuilt or Demello, but I don't have the final decision yet. Another silver accent still present on the car is on the wheels, of course. I am thinking of painting them Iceberg White :grin

·
トヨタ Master
7,619 Posts
I am thinking about Smittybuilt or Demello, but I don't have the final decision yet. Another silver accent still present on the car is on the wheels, of course. I am thinking of painting them Iceberg White :grin
@CabinCruiser did that (white wheels) and I really like the look on his rig :wink
Check out the Bumper comparison thread here.
There are a few of us out there. :cheers:

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/wheels-tires/63852-white-wheels-2.html

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/wheels-tires/63852-white-wheels-4.html#post7592434

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ Bad Wolf I agree :wink

@ MJ Cruise'n not only when, but even while I was driving it home, I was almost constantly smiling :grin

@ debFJVT yes I saw a couple of white wheels on the forum, also I read through the bumper comparison thread, there would be a few options :smile

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Great start. It's looking sharp.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@BOBTAILFJ well from the start it came with those silver accents on the front grille, mirrors and door handles. So I had them painted to black. Just as in the interior on the dorr the silver door handles, and on the dash the 4 silver accents. These got painted into white.
I was at a paint shop yesterday, I discussed about having the wheels sanded off, and painted into white. It will be about $300. But I guess it will be done only sometimes in September. I go off to holiday, then at the end of August I shall be busy. Also I have to find some spare wheels from someone to replace my wheels during the process. My spare wheel has 4 deep scratches on the side. The previous owner's driving skills :frown. So these have to be welded / repaired properly. So all the repair / sanding / painitng process will take about a week.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi a little update - I ordered the TT style gear and tranny shifter kit in black. Unfortunately it is available only with the AT tranny shift pattern. But I am going to take the center cap to a shop where they can get the MT tranny shift pattern engraved on the back side of the center cap. ;) So eventually I am not going to stare at the AT tranny shift pattern (when in need).
Also for the last couple of days the FJ sits on logs (literally), cause I took off the wheels and left them in a shop to fix the rim of the spare wheel, which was chipped off in a couple of spots by the previous owner. Turns out I had 3 of the rims slightly bent. So I had them fixed in the press. Next step is sandblasting all the rims and paint them the Iceberg white, to be the same as the truck. Unfortunately I will be gone to work so I am going to get them on the car only by the end of the year.
Now the 2 rear wheels are from one of my friends Land Cruiser - 16" rims, and the front didn't fit due to the bigger FJ calipers, that's why the "new look" on the FJ :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
be sure to post us some photos when you get the rims painted to see how they turned out!

Be interesting to see how the shift engraving looks when done, too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK ;), wheels should be ready by the end of this week, but I will be offshore, drilling, so I am not sure when I am getting back, we are close to finishing the drilling operations. Somaybe I can get home for Christmas, in that case I can update the look of the FJ. Otherwise just in the last days of Decemeber.

The shift kit arrives only in January :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
But I put a bid on e-bay for a set of black lug nuts, "deal" should be finalised by Friday. Shipping by end of the year. So it should look great when finished - the white rims with the black lug nuts, also the plastic wheel hub cover is going to be painted white, with the Toyota logo in the middle of it in black. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
"offshore, drilling," - but wait, the Transylvanian region is land locked! Drilling in the Black Sea for Romania, or out in the ocean for a multinational? Just curious (nosy).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes you got that right :sneaky: we are completely surrounded by mountains. The lowlands / flatlands "we know" are the river floodplains :D I work for MOL Group, it was the Hungarian Oil Company, but in the last couple of decades it became a multinational company, not a giant, like Exxon or BP or Shell. But they have some areas in the North Sea in Norway, also in the UK sector and other onshore concessions in a few countries. But offshore exploration drilling is in the Norwegian sector, for now.
In the Black Sea there is the Romanian oil company Petrom (affiliate of the Austrian oil company OMV) but just a couple of years ago Exxon had a big discovery. There is also Lukoil (Russian) and some Australian and Italian interests over there.
So I hope I could satisfy your curiosity. ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Guys

a little development in the "rims painting project" ;)

These were taken in the weekend. This morning probably the rims got the final ceramic coating. So a couple of days dryin, then they are good to go / tyres mointed, and installed on the car as soon as I get home.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts