21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
825 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@One Shot I took them to a shop, where the rims were sandblasted until you could see the aluminum. Then chosen the Toyota 056 paint code. (originally the Iceberg White is the 058 code) The 056 is slightly brighter than the 058. But my reasoning was that most of the times there will be some dust / mud on the rims. Plus there are the tyres between the rims and car body panels. So the color tone difference should not be that evident. I can bearly wait to see how they look when mounted on the car (this Saturday)

Actually the inside of the rims just behind the round openings is painted black, we figured it is not really visible and that part of the rim is always covered by dust, not easy to properly clean.

So the paint was sprayed on it. I don't know the exact technology, but if you are interested I can ask the guy who did it.
Then he sprayed a layer of ceramic laquer (I guess I am spelling it right) over the paint for protection.
More or less that was it. I had the plastic center caps also painted in white, with the logo in black. I did not received photos, yet. But Saturday as I get home this "rims project" is getting close to be finalized. ;)

I am waiting for some black lug nuts I ordered on e-bay. Should arrive by end of year / first days of next year, so when I get back from the New Years holiday from Prague I shall replace the lug nuts, too. :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
@One Shot I took them to a shop, where the rims were sandblasted until you could see the aluminum. Then chosen the Toyota 056 paint code. (originally the Iceberg White is the 058 code) The 056 is slightly brighter than the 058. But my reasoning was that most of the times there will be some dust / mud on the rims. Plus there are the tyres between the rims and car body panels. So the color tone difference should not be that evident. I can bearly wait to see how they look when mounted on the car (this Saturday)

Actually the inside of the rims just behind the round openings is painted black, we figured it is not really visible and that part of the rim is always covered by dust, not easy to properly clean.

So the paint was sprayed on it. I don't know the exact technology, but if you are interested I can ask the guy who did it.
Then he sprayed a layer of ceramic laquer (I guess I am spelling it right) over the paint for protection.
More or less that was it. I had the plastic center caps also painted in white, with the logo in black. I did not received photos, yet. But Saturday as I get home this "rims project" is getting close to be finalized. ;)

I am waiting for some black lug nuts I ordered on e-bay. Should arrive by end of year / first days of next year, so when I get back from the New Years holiday from Prague I shall replace the lug nuts, too. :sneaky:
Thanks. Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi Guys

here's the final product. There is a photo with the inside of the rims, painted black, then the outside in white and as they look on the car. ;)

All I have to add now is the new black lug nuts set, when it arrives from e-bay, and then the new set of Coopers in 285/70R17 size. Then this project will be finalized. :sneaky:;)
Happy New Year ??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi I've been away for a while. I have been doing some maintenance (idler pulleys, tensioner, belt replacement after having 120000 miles), got K&N air filter in, replaced the fuel cap to the locking type one. Also got some vinyl graphics on the car.

The lug nuts are also on, but they are bearly visible :D

Car is in the shop this week. Having installed the OEM roof air dam and lights, bushwacker fenders, 1.25" wheel spacers and an OffRoad Garage snorkel. Should be done by Friday. Getting back here with pics. Or maybe I should start a build thread. ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Got the car back from the shop only on Tuesday. But I like the result :giggle: I have them do the dody mount chop, too. I am planning a 2" lift and 33" tyres. So I went ahead with it ;)

I showed it to one of my Land Cruiser buddies, he and his son are in the picture, as well as his 2000 MY Land Cruiser's nose is poking in on the side of the second photo.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts