Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally took the plunge on a black 08 (birth 03/08) auto with the off road package after trying to locate a 6-speed proved futile. After 25+ years of manual transmissions this is my first automatic. Went to the dealership with all intentions of buying a loaded 4wd Taco with a six speed but took the ride in the FJ just to get it out of my system. Never even drove the Taco, which has $1500 cash back! I'm a bike guy by nature but this is the first cage that really has my giggling like a kid in a candy store. In the past I've picked up a wealth of knowledge from motorbike forums so I'm really excited about messing with the new toy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome:bigthumb:. Before proceeding check your shot records to make sure you've been imunized for the mod bug. It runs rampant through here.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Congrats and welcome. You will love it for a long time

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome. Too bad you couldn't find one in the right color and had to settle for black :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome. Too bad you couldn't find one in the right color and had to settle for black :)
I wanted a smurf FJ at first because when I was a kid in the 70's my neighbor had a tan, blue and red FJ back when they looked like Jeeps although ran better. But seriously have you see the new/old tan color scheme? Very nice but I assumed it would be better to choose the color that shows red clay the easiest due to the fact that my FJ is a work vehicle as opposed to most in the real world!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Congrats on your FJ!:bigthumb::wave:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts