Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, yes my first post, big toyota fan... at any rate im about to swoop in on ONE of THREE diff. FJ, but all are between 120K miles and 160K miles.

other than the obvious price, which I dont need any info on, and obvious maintenance and lack thereof,.... should i be worried buying such a "BROKE IN" FJ?

thank you !

·
Registered
41 Posts
No. I've bought one with 133,000 another with 175,000 and both ran like new. I had no maintenance issues or repairs but sold both to buy the one I have now ... a 6-speed tranny.

·
Premium Member
2011 FJ Cruiser - Iceberg - 4x4 - Automatic - Offroad Package - Convenience Package
14 Posts
I just purchased my 2011 FJ and as part of the purchase I took it to a reputable shop for an inspection and the only caution was that the area around the timing cover was "wet" and to keep an eye on it as it is a known issue. Researched on this forum and it is a $2500 repair if needed but most that have the issue are just monitoring. I took the vehicle to the spray wash and cleaned it off and so far not seeing anything to be concerned about. Everything else check out fine and it looked like it had never been off road. The inspection cost $47.50 and included a test drive and putting it on a lift. Unless you are a mechanic I would highly recommend getting the inspection before pulling the trigger.

·
11,243 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts