Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as my delivery date approaches (2013, AT, off rd package) Im interested in getting some opinions on which way to take the build. This vehicle will primarily be a daily driver. Maybe in the future I can get something else and really go nuts with the FJ, but for now its going to be mild mods.

This truck will never leave the ground, will never climb rocks all day...etc. My ideal rig would be one that I could drive from New England to Alaska and back with a little additional off road capability to explore along the way, but with the reliability of the brand new truck that it is.

To start I've decided on the following: ARB bumper, Warn M8000, 255 Km2's or 285 BFG AT on stock steelies, ARB roof rack, ARB rear bumper.

Im stuck on suspension. I've used OME on older Rovers with great result. My question is, do I need a full on 2.5-3" lift for this type of rig? Remember...conservative mods for durability and reliability that wont wear out other components.

Thanks for your input!

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
welcome to the club.

yes, you will need a full lift if you are set on going with an arb bumper and winch. ARB is the heaviest bumper of any available. without a proper lift your front end will be too low.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Congrats on your new FJ and welcome to mod central. X2 what Lmmmmm stated. I went with the ICON coil over and love them. That way you can dial in your front when you add the bumper, winch, etc. Good luck on your build.

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Congrats on your new FJ. Sounds like your off to a good start with the mods. I would suggest additional lighting though. Front and rear and maybe even sides. Enjoy your new rig

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts