Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the perfect FJ currently, it will be my 3rd Toyota. Currently have an Acura RL and am getting REALLY tired of having to pay premium prices for Acura parts - with my Avalon and Corolla parts have been readily available and budget friendly.

How are the cost of parts for the FJ - are they "reasonable" price wise and will the effects of the tsumani have an affect of pricing/availability?

Thanks so much!

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Not worried about Operating Costs its the MOD Costs that will kill you. :rocker:

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Couldn't tell you, 5+ years of ownership and all I have done is oil changes and replaced tires.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Bought mine used and all my costs have been oil, gas, and mods. Mods by far are the most expensive. But fun to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not planning many mods initially, but you never know.... :)

if buying used around 40-50k, are there certain repairs that are recommended by Toyotas schedule of service or would be good to go with in general?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
X2 on that one. Mods are the expensive parts.
You can get OEM parts online from ToyotaPartSales.com www.trdparts4u.com and lots of other sites for pretty cheap.
Check out our forum sponsors. As forum members we usually get discounts through them.
Good luck with the search for your perfect FJ.

:cheers:

·
Registered
627 Posts
X3 on the mods killing you. Operating costs depend largely on gas prices. Mod prices depend on getting your FJ the way you want it instead of the way Toyota thought would have mass market appeal. I don't even offroad, with a 2WD FJ in flat land Florida, and look at my list of mods since I bought it in January. Yikes! I deliberately bought bare bones though, with the knowledge up front that I would want to mod. It's all about modification budget. $$$$$

Just do it. You will be happy you did.

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Not planning many mods initially, but you never know.... :)

if buying used around 40-50k, are there certain repairs that are recommended by Toyotas schedule of service or would be good to go with in general?
...you say no now.....but it will happen...especially if you hang around the forum for long.....but....they are just purchases that upgrade not operating costs so if you maintain control you're incharge of the costs...congrats on the FJ ! ! :rocker:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts