Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I for one have a passion for my FJ and I've come to the realization that the costs for me to enjoy myself with my FJ and other nuts like me are priceless!!!

If I really worry about how much this or that is, how much it's gonna cost to do this or that, then I really wouldn't be enjoying my passion for off roading and meeting good people. In my own opinion I work hard to make sure that I can enjoy what life has to offer, so if it means spending that hard earned $$$
I worked for...so be it...I am (hopefully) money wise and I don't spend what I don't have wastefully, but I will spend what I need to spend to enjoy my passion!

Soooooo, I did a rough estimate of what I spent on last years Ouray Summit trip and what I think I'll be spending next month...

$436 round trip for diesel fuel for the RV
$95 gas for the FJ for the whole trip
$112 for campsite in Ouray
$250 food for the 6 days for two
$78 souvenirs t-shirts
$150 Summit registration for two
totals to $1121

the RV with my trailered FJ at Ouray campsite.
Did my dad and I have a good time...YOU BET'CHA! that's why we're doing it again...

I'm looking to be spending up to $1800-$2000 this year since we're making this a 10 day vacation trip spending a couple of days in Moab, UT before Ouray...is it worth it...YOU BET'CHA!!!PRICELESS

Gotta enjoy life:clap::bigthumb::wave:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Years ago my friends and I would occasionally make little quickie runs to the cheap part of Mexico (Rocky Point)......but those cheapie runs always cost more than we had anticipated at the get go......

I am sure the money you are spending will be well worth it.

I joined the forum after registration was closed.....but can't wait to see photos and stories....and there is always next year.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Priceless is right!!! There is no dollar value on the passion and fun we have!!!!

See you in Moab! Then at the Summit!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
467 Posts
What a great way to look at it! I have also worked out my budget for the trip including stops in St. George Utah (Zion National Park) on the way to Ouray, and Mesa Verde Natioanl Park and Las Vegas on the way home. The budget seems small compared to the value of the trip. This will be my only big vacation for the year and it will be priceless to me as well. In addition, my 17 year old son will be joining me once again this year and that just adds to the value for me.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
you only get one chance at life, live it,right? great set up you had with camper

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks All...the RV works for me and I'm tempted to bring the dual-sport motorcycle on this trip, but it's all about 4WHEEL'N so I'll leave the bike at home (maybe).

It's great to have family with you, plus to see my dad be like a little kid again is PRICELESS!...I remember when I was 7 yrs. old my dad would pack up the car and take us camping, now it's my turn...just adding a little more to the mix with the FJ and wheel'n...he absolutely loves it and while he's still around, I want to make sure I give him a memory as good as he has given me:).

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Great set-up! Enjoy the time together.
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
True Dat!!! Nothing like an FJ!!!:rocker::cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts