Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Is there a point you're trying to make here that we're missing?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Yes, he's pointing out he spotted an FJ Cruiser. He's also pointing out that Toyota doesn't really advertise for the FJ Cruiser. Which isn't 100% correct, they do, it's just few and far between. They don't advertise because for the most part, the clientele that is going to buy an FJ Cruiser already knows what it is. Same reason they don't advertise for say Corvettes, or Vipers.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Carmax must have a thing for FJs

from the carmax site again

and of course this commercial

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Their car, their responsibility ultimately. They will have no choice but to pay it. Hopefully you will let them know it's coming and pay it when it does.
uhhh....

·
Registered
427 Posts
Their car, their responsibility ultimately. They will have no choice but to pay it. Hopefully you will let them know it's coming and pay it when it does.
:lol: I think I speak for everyone when i say," I literally have NO IDEA what you are trying to say here." :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
......Which isn't 100% correct, they do, it's just few and far between. They don't advertise because for the most part, the clientele that is going to buy an FJ Cruiser already knows what it is. Same reason they don't advertise for say Corvettes, or Vipers.
I had no idea about the FJ 2 months before I bought mine. Happened to see one and fall in love with it while shopping and test driving other vehicles..... guess I fall under the other side of "most part" LoL :rofl:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Yes, he's pointing out he spotted an FJ Cruiser. He's also pointing out that Toyota doesn't really advertise for the FJ Cruiser. Which isn't 100% correct, they do, it's just few and far between. They don't advertise because for the most part, the clientele that is going to buy an FJ Cruiser already knows what it is. Same reason they don't advertise for say Corvettes, or Vipers.
Actually Toyota did Extensive advertising and spent millions of dollars. It was in the form of FJ Trail teams and their free swag

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had no idea about the FJ 2 months before I bought mine. Happened to see one and fall in love with it while shopping and test driving other vehicles..... guess I fall under the other side of "most part" LoL :rofl:
I know word of the FJ came about through the off-road community but for city folks like me ( I know, city folks should not have them) it was off my radar.

The only reason it appeared on my radar back in early 08 is that my wife had seen one on the road and mentioned that she liked it. Back then they were rare on the streets. I don't think we even knew who made it or what it was called.

On their commercials, they never show it and I get mailings every month from the local dealer asking if I want to trade in my FJ (form letter) and then the mailing shows every Toyota in a picture except the FJ.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Actually Toyota did Extensive advertising and spent millions of dollars. It was in the form of FJ Trail teams and their free swag
R.I.P Trail Teams..... gee I miss those folks.....:mecry:

I know word of the FJ came about through the off-road community but for city folks like me ( I know, city folks should not have them) it was off my radar.

The only reason it appeared on my radar back in early 08 is that my wife had seen one on the road and mentioned that she liked it. Back then they were rare on the streets. I don't think we even knew who made it or what it was called.

On their commercials, they never show it and I get mailings every month from the local dealer asking if I want to trade in my FJ (form letter) and then the mailing shows every Toyota in a picture except the FJ.
I know what you're saying. It's almost seems like they go out of their way to exclude it from shots at the dealers on national, regional, and local advertising. And now that the Trail Teams are gone it seems like at least a little reinvestment in media advertising would be prudent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts