Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am hoping the 2007 FJ is priced around 20K. I am hearing 23K for a base 2WD with black steel wheels and no options, but I hpe Toyota decides to price the FJ starting around 19.5K. With only 30,000 arriving here in 2006, it may be Mini Cooper pricing (well over MSRP when new) for the first year. I love the Voodoo Blue color...

Concept photo.

Pretty close to the concept. You can see the production changes if you look carefully.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hope, fully loaded with all the goodies, will be 28K-30K. Anything more and I'll have to take up stripping for a little while. :) I really hope they make a titanium green, with sunroof, and power windows for the back passengers and rear. Come on Toyota!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow marketable I hope you have been good this year. Because it doesn't look like anything on your Santa's wish list is going to come true. Hopefully the fully loaded $28-$30K will happen.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
hm. well, i hope you guys are right about the 28-30k for a fully loaded FJC; cuz that means mine (as few options as possible with 4wd and the rear locker) should set me back about 23-25, which i can almost live with... :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hope you're right Topless4runner, I can't go much above 24K unless I hock a kidney or something!-----Stock for now, but I'll have it tuned up in a few years.----------Anyone heard anything on exhaust setups?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope it will compete in the Wrangler/Element price points; around $20,000. It uses an existing Toyota drivetrain and frame (Japanese Prada), so it's not brand new from the ground up.

Asian Prado-FJ uses the same chassis...

·
Registered
232 Posts
yeah, the fj has be very closely related to the Toyota Prado 125 sold overseas.

as far as pricing goes, i am guessing it will be slightly more than the Xterra since that's one of the closest fj competitor imo. and toyota is usually a tad more than nissan price wise. so i think the fj will start in the low$20s but most 2wd will end up costing in the mid$20s with few options. 4wd will start in the mid$20s and fully loaded ones will be in the low $30s

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Damn man, stop crushing my hopes and popping my bubbles!----I thought I'd get a stripped down 4x4, no fancy **** just audio, for around 24K----what happened?

·
Registered
232 Posts
hey trainwreck, if my guess-timates are close, you are still in the game. i mean around 24k is mid20s, right?

again, if the fj will be price similar to the xterra, fwiw, i just look up nissan web and the most basic 4wd xterra starts at $21950 - 6 speed, a/c, am/fm/cd. of course, you can always go crazy on the options and without going into too much xterra details on a fj board, a fully loaded xterra is around $30k.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My take on pricing:

Lets say Toyota unveils a 23K price for the bare bones 4x2, and 25K for a bare bones 4x4. Which is great, until you realize that in my experience, dealers usually take delivery of fully loaded vehicles first, then as demand wanes, they take delivery of whatever is available.

Those people who are not in the market for a fully loaded model are probably in for a longer wait.

My suggestion for those people, is to get on the pre-order list. I was told that Toyota will build me an FJ to my spec's. If I wait and buy one off the lot (or dealer trade), I might not have the luxury of choosing all the options I want and don't want.

get loaded!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
cheazhd said:
My take on pricing:

Lets say Toyota unveils a 23K price for the bare bones 4x2, and 25K for a bare bones 4x4. Which is great, until you realize that in my experience, dealers usually take delivery of fully loaded vehicles first, then as demand wanes, they take delivery of whatever is available.

Those people who are not in the market for a fully loaded model are probably in for a longer wait.

My suggestion for those people, is to get on the pre-order list. I was told that Toyota will build me an FJ to my spec's. If I wait and buy one off the lot (or dealer trade), I might not have the luxury of choosing all the options I want and don't want.

get loaded!

Ditto. If you look at the Highlander Hybrid and Prius releases that is what happened. The first ones to hit the lots will probably have every option on them.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
aside from getting the extra green for all the options i think part of the reason they do that is for the automotive rags. while they claim they are objective, we all know that they are all about the comfort widgets (why the Grand Cherokee has won 4x4 of the year so much, its cushy and can kinda wheel).

On that note i would say im looking forward to seeing this thing in a couple 4wd of the year competitions, but i dont really expect it to win due to the relative lack of creature comforts (i.e. plushness).

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cheazhd said:
My take on pricing:

get loaded!
I fully agree. I am on two seperate Toyota dealer FJ pre-order lists (in case one falls through), and both at MSRP. With only 30K coming to our shores in 2006, demand will certainly exceed the FJ supply. Yes, the FJ will be selling for well over MSRP sticker price as confirmed by almost every Toyota dealer (12) I contacted. Why? low supply, affordable Toyota truck, brand new body style, and it's a Toyota!

2006 Australian Hilux Crew Cab

·
Registered
232 Posts
Correct me if i am wrong but i think the projection is 40k units. Meaning they can bring more if they want. And i think they most definitely will need to make more. Back in 1999/2000, when the xterra first came out, nissan sold over 110k xterras. It wasn't until end of 2000, dealers actually had few in stock. I know because I had to wait many months to find a dealer that'll sell it at msrp and had the one i wanted. Also, toyota must have more dealerships and loyal customers than nissan. So yeah, i think the fj will be selling well over msrp too. like i said before, i would guess-timate $5k~$8k...

As far as where the fj will be produced, i read it will be japan, not usa:( For whatever reason, all toyota suvs sold in the usa are still made in japan - maybe for import tax reason? or maybe there's that much profit in them anyways?

·
Registered
5 Posts
:p i believe the new fj cruiser to be built in CANADA [email protected] the Massive Oshawa plant in southern Ontario. :eek:

then again Motor Trend Mag. say this :

It's likely the FJ will be built at the Toyota/GM NUMMI joint-venture plant (Tacoma, Pontiac Vibe) in California

·
Registered
47 Posts
marketable said:
I hope, fully loaded with all the goodies, will be 28K-30K. Anything more and I'll have to take up stripping for a little while. :) I really hope they make a titanium green, with sunroof, and power windows for the back passengers and rear. Come on Toyota!
30k is way too high. I heard from the beginning it would be between 20-25k depending on options, anything higher would be a huge disappointment.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree with the low 20's price point. It's direct competetive target is the Nissan Xterra. Others include the Wrangler and Element, but to less of an extent. I am predicting a $21,995 base price for the 2WD model, $23,995 for the 4WD version. It uses existing Toyota mechanical parts (engine, tranny, brakes, differential, Prado chassis, etc.), so it is not new from the ground up. Let's see. 30,000 FJ's on 2006, divided by 50 states= 600 FJ's per state. 30,000 FJ's divided by 1,730 Toyota-Scion-Lexus dealers nationwide= 17.34 per dealer in 2006.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts