Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am hoping the 2007 FJ is priced around 20K. I am hearing 23K for a base 2WD with black steel wheels and no options, but I hpe Toyota decides to price the FJ starting around 19.5K. With only 30,000 arriving here in 2006, it may be Mini Cooper pricing (well over MSRP when new) for the first year. I love the Voodoo Blue color...

Concept photo.

Pretty close to the concept. You can see the production changes if you look carefully.

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope it will compete in the Wrangler/Element price points; around $20,000. It uses an existing Toyota drivetrain and frame (Japanese Prada), so it's not brand new from the ground up.

Asian Prado-FJ uses the same chassis...

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cheazhd said:
My take on pricing:

Lets say Toyota unveils a 23K price for the bare bones 4x2, and 25K for a bare bones 4x4. Which is great, until you realize that in my experience, dealers usually take delivery of fully loaded vehicles first, then as demand wanes, they take delivery of whatever is available.

Those people who are not in the market for a fully loaded model are probably in for a longer wait.

My suggestion for those people, is to get on the pre-order list. I was told that Toyota will build me an FJ to my spec's. If I wait and buy one off the lot (or dealer trade), I might not have the luxury of choosing all the options I want and don't want.

get loaded!
I fully agree. I am on two seperate Toyota dealer FJ pre-order lists (in case one falls through), and both at MSRP. With only 30K coming to our shores in 2006, demand will certainly exceed the FJ supply. Yes, the FJ will be selling for well over MSRP sticker price as confirmed by almost every Toyota dealer (12) I contacted. Why? low supply, affordable Toyota truck, brand new body style, and it's a Toyota!

2006 Australian Hilux Crew Cab

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree with the low 20's price point. It's direct competetive target is the Nissan Xterra. Others include the Wrangler and Element, but to less of an extent. I am predicting a $21,995 base price for the 2WD model, $23,995 for the 4WD version. It uses existing Toyota mechanical parts (engine, tranny, brakes, differential, Prado chassis, etc.), so it is not new from the ground up. Let's see. 30,000 FJ's on 2006, divided by 50 states= 600 FJ's per state. 30,000 FJ's divided by 1,730 Toyota-Scion-Lexus dealers nationwide= 17.34 per dealer in 2006.

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
csherrill said:
I'm sure the people in S. Dakota and Rhode Island really appreciate your math, but it is flawed in so many ways it hurts.
Please explain! I know, CA has tons of Toyota dealers, North Dakota does not, subtract all of the Lexus/Scion dealers, etc. My point is Economics 101; when demand exceeds supply, the seller is in control and can name his price.

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Back to the thread, I think Toyota may surprise us with a low base price. A 2006 Xterra, 2WD, base price is $20,555. It comes standard with a 4.0 6 cyl. with 265hp. I would not be surprised if the base 2WD FJ is priced at $20,995 to be competetive with Nissan. A big plus for the FJ will be the model year, a 2007 model.

2006 Nissan Xterra

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
Here is the latest dealer quote I got regarding pricing for the upcoming FJ Cruiser:

"My name is Mike Croak. I am the internet manager for Elmore Toyota. I have no problem being upfront and honest with you I have built a career out of doing buisness that way. I believe that we will be selling these for 5,000.00 over msrp. If your intrested in ordering one please let me know."

Have a great day,
Mike Croak
(714)893-8970

Yes, this is his exact quote. I simply copied and pasted the message.

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
My reply was:

"Thanks, but I have found a local dealer who wants my FJ Cruiser business for MSRP and promises no dealer bull... My 2007 FJ build order will be placed next month, and no deposit is required. Thanks for your reply."

David

And no, he did not reply back!!!

2006 Tacoma

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
OK. Let's read between the lines here. Toyota says that FJ pricing will slot in between the RAV4 and the 4Runner. Here is the most recent pricing structures for both 2WD versions with no options:

Base 2WD 4Runner w/Auto tranny= $27,635

Base 2WD RAV4 w/Auto tranny = $20,100

Difference = $7,535 divided by 2 = $3,767

So, take a base 2WD RAV4 = $20,100
Add the difference = $ 3,767

Base 2 WD FJC price = $23,867

Since $23,867 is not a "marketable" dollar figure, let's assume an MSRP of $23,995 for the 2007 2WD FJ Criuiser.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.