Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,155 Posts
cheazhd said:
My take on pricing:

Lets say Toyota unveils a 23K price for the bare bones 4x2, and 25K for a bare bones 4x4. Which is great, until you realize that in my experience, dealers usually take delivery of fully loaded vehicles first, then as demand wanes, they take delivery of whatever is available.

Those people who are not in the market for a fully loaded model are probably in for a longer wait.

My suggestion for those people, is to get on the pre-order list. I was told that Toyota will build me an FJ to my spec's. If I wait and buy one off the lot (or dealer trade), I might not have the luxury of choosing all the options I want and don't want.

get loaded!

Ditto. If you look at the Highlander Hybrid and Prius releases that is what happened. The first ones to hit the lots will probably have every option on them.

· Registered
2,155 Posts
fjsmurf said:
The problem I see if you are only on the waiting list is you might end up just that, wait :( For example, a friend of mine was #1 on the waiting list for his Elise. The dealer promised him everything: msrp, no mark-ups, no add-ons, and absoutely nothing else he had to buy other than the car + tax & lic. The problem is, he didn't get his car until 6~9 months after the first one hits showroom. It was obvious the dealer had the right car (color & options) probably more than once but sold it to someone else willing to pay more. Reason i said obvious was because i saw one on ebay exactly the way he wanted it and it still had that dealership plate on it :eek:
This is why I got the verbage written in about right of first refusal. Don't get me wrong I totally expect them to try something but I fully intend to call and stop by a lot to try and minimize that. Plus, deposits at 2 dealers and another one on hold should help minimize my chances of getting screwed.

The werid thing is, I looked at a lot of dealers and ended up putting in 2 deposits and the one I feel best about is the one that is "holding" the first one for me, no deposit. I hooked my neighbor up with Nascar tickets (my work sponsors a driver) and without my knowing he spoke to his father in law who happens to be a Toyota dealer's general manager. Their dealership does not do lists and deposits and out of the blue he called me and told me the first one is mine if I want it. No idea if this will work out but it just goes to show you it pays to be nice. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.