Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
hm. well, i hope you guys are right about the 28-30k for a fully loaded FJC; cuz that means mine (as few options as possible with 4wd and the rear locker) should set me back about 23-25, which i can almost live with... :D

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
aside from getting the extra green for all the options i think part of the reason they do that is for the automotive rags. while they claim they are objective, we all know that they are all about the comfort widgets (why the Grand Cherokee has won 4x4 of the year so much, its cushy and can kinda wheel).

On that note i would say im looking forward to seeing this thing in a couple 4wd of the year competitions, but i dont really expect it to win due to the relative lack of creature comforts (i.e. plushness).

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
mpd8488 said:
Lets also not forget the next wrangler that is coming out soon, any rag really comparing off road capability will award it to the Jeep.
Not necessarily true - 4WOR gave it to the (IFS) Grand over the Rubicon just recently and we all know the rubicon can outwheel a Grand C any day, that decision was all about creature comforts. But of course thats between two jeeps, so not a good example.
mpd8488 said:
Apparently there will be a four door model with rumors of the 5.7 Hemi V8 and CRD diesel engines being made available.
I really hope they come out with a CRD Wrangler, that will give toyota more incentive to give us what we want, a small displacement monster of a diesel in a compact 4x4.
mpd8488 said:
But, if they look at creature comforts the Toyota will have a fighting chance. I bet the FJ will get "SUV of the year" from Motor Trend because of its interior comfort and cool factor relative to the jeep as Wranglers are not exactly known for their comfort.
I agree, see quote #1, especially the "new" coolness factor.
mpd8488 said:
As for pricing, my guess is dead center between Taco and 4Runner.
I just got done messing around on nissans website pricing out the Xterra, which i think we all agree will the the FJC's prime competition, and came up with the following:

Base "x" model: 4x2 6 speed 20,555; 4x4 6 speed 22,555

"Off-Road" model (the rumored Moab edition or TRD package maybe): 4x2 6 speed 24,355; 4x4 6 speed 26,655

+$800 on all for the 5 speed auto option

I'm thinking the FJC pricing needs to be pretty close to those numbers to be competitive (after initial release markup hoopla, that is).

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
thats funny man, especially considering that they want 400 for the satelite option. i refuse to pay that much when i can get a good aftermarket head unit for 150-200, the tuner for 100, misc parts for 50, and install it myself and save 100-150. or you could just get the satelite reciever with the FM monudator and not even need the head unit...

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
i think some of it is going to depend on what options the FJC ends up with as standard. we know its getting pw, pd, pm, a/c. what else are they gonna throw in there to drive the price up? hopefully not much. i was looking at the xterra base options, and there are a bunch; if toyota keeps the FJC essentially a beer can on wheels i think they will be able to beat the xterra on price while at the same time building a vehicle that enthusiasts will actually want to buy.

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
unfortunately people like us dont make the manufactures very much money since we dont want widgets all over our vehicles. maybe since they are marketing this as an "enthusiast" vehicle they will cut some of that garbage out, but i doubt it.

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
I do love suprises... i will definately keep my fingers crossed for this one

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
alot of that is going to depend on what city you intend to visit while here. give us a ballpark region and im sure somebody here will be able to point you in the right direction. that or check out the sticky thread with the so called official dealership guy on it, he might be able to help you out too.

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
agreed. i can't think of any vehicle i would pay that much extra for just to have it right now right now instead of later right now. Yeah, they are cool, but i have lived without one for all my life, i think ill be able to make a little bit longer. plus thats 5000 i can justify spending on aftermarket parts since i "saved" it by waiting...

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
12get12 said:
I just wish they follow Scion's pricing scheme.. no above MSRP Dealer markup...

Jim Farley are you listening?????
That and the aftermarket parts/components availability at the stealership. TRD bullbar and PTO winch, anyone?

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
fjsmurf said:
California considers a new vehicle to be any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer at the time it is purchased or acquired."[/I]
So basically your still screwed unless you bought it with less than 7500 miles on it, regardless of how many miles it has on it at the time of import. California is so gay...

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
ToyBox said:
I really see NO cost savings by NOT having power windows and locks. Again it may actually cost more to produce the very limited quantity of these trucks without those features.
Much as i hate to agree with you, your right. if the FJC was designed to have pw,pd, etc as the base, they would have to make a completely new set of molds for the inner doors, all the hardware, modify the wiring harness, etc. i would like to have manual everything, but not if its going to cost me more in the long run.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.