Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Wow marketable I hope you have been good this year. Because it doesn't look like anything on your Santa's wish list is going to come true. Hopefully the fully loaded $28-$30K will happen.

· Registered
272 Posts
30,000 FJ's on 2006, divided by 50 states= 600 FJ's per state. 30,000 FJ's divided by 1,730 Toyota-Scion-Lexus dealers nationwide= 17.34 per dealer in 2006.
I'm sure the people in S. Dakota and Rhode Island really appreciate your math, but it is flawed in so many ways it hurts.

As for the Jeep...it is a POS and everyone knows it. If I wanted to be a mechanic I would have just taken classes or bought a Jeep a long time ago. As Rompj would say....this thing is going to be reliable and Romp.

· Registered
272 Posts
Pretty sad when we are all getting excited about paying MSRP for a vehicle. But you have to do what you have to do. I'll wait til Dec. as well and then see what the pricing etc. is going to be and make a decision about the deposit. I think a deposit at this point is a little premature.

· Registered
272 Posts
but we will alll have the answer in a few months !!!
Actually we should have the pricing riddle answered next month. I like mini's analysis and think (and secretly hope) that this will be a good price pt. for the 2wd. My thinking is the price pt. for the base 2wd will be ~$24K. But a "surprising value" would be more like $20K-$22K so I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

· Registered
272 Posts
OH it is about the cupholder!!! J/K...or am I? Seems like there are two categories to the FJ buyer. The serious off-roader who is going to travel across the US in a straight path with only his GPS, manual transmission FJ, and a package of ramen noodles (bubba, Topless, Prat, etc.). And there is the casual I need it to get me to and from work as well as occasionally show my friends that I don't need help out of the sand or to the campsite (me, UCHJFKSLLKDSJS, maybe Granger, and Toy). So of course I am going to have to agree with Toy that the cupholder thing is a non issue. And why not have power locks and windows. This is a low cost value added feature which essentially is standard in most cars today. I know some of you want a FJ stripped and a base MSRP of $20K for the 4X4 because it has no top, no back door or hood, black donut spare tire rims, with the hole in the floor so you can run to get it started. Unfortunately I think Toyota is marketing more towards the later then the fundamentalist off-roader, which of course is cool for me. So I pay $2-$3K more for two extra cupholders, an extra windshield wiper, and power windows and locks. To me it is well worth the cost. But keep in mind that this does not put me in the "Hey look at me I own a cell phone and can talk on it while putting on my make-up and drinking my double mocoa mocoa cappacino frappe" category.

I say viva la cupholder, power windows, vanity mirror (ok skip the mirrors)!!! But I think that we are in the majority as this looks to be what will most likely be standard FJ options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.