Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Back to the thread, I think Toyota may surprise us with a low base price. A 2006 Xterra, 2WD, base price is $20,555. It comes standard with a 4.0 6 cyl. with 265hp. I would not be surprised if the base 2WD FJ is priced at $20,995 to be competetive with Nissan. A big plus for the FJ will be the model year, a 2007 model.

2006 Nissan Xterra

· Registered
3,662 Posts
They are really trying to hit our demographic and most of us won't pay over 30K for a vehicle so I think they will really try to stay with the low 20's to start and it will just depend on how absolutely trick you try to make it through the dealer as to whether or not it stays affordable.

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
i think some of it is going to depend on what options the FJC ends up with as standard. we know its getting pw, pd, pm, a/c. what else are they gonna throw in there to drive the price up? hopefully not much. i was looking at the xterra base options, and there are a bunch; if toyota keeps the FJC essentially a beer can on wheels i think they will be able to beat the xterra on price while at the same time building a vehicle that enthusiasts will actually want to buy.

· Registered
3,662 Posts
Well if it helps them at all. They can keep the pw, pm, pdl, I want all manual. That should keep the cost down a little bit. Plus, who really needs power seats, bun warmers and crap like that?

Just give us the 4x4 with manual controls and let us take it from there.

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
unfortunately people like us dont make the manufactures very much money since we dont want widgets all over our vehicles. maybe since they are marketing this as an "enthusiast" vehicle they will cut some of that garbage out, but i doubt it.

· Registered
3,662 Posts
They might surprise us Topless... you never know. If they are paying attention and calling us enthusiasts, then I would hope they will accomodate our needs. Keep your leather seats and your soccer mom toys. Bring on the lockers and the steel bumpers.

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
I do love suprises... i will definately keep my fingers crossed for this one

· Registered
3 Posts
ToyBox said:
use a broker or vehicle importer or take a trip to your favorite US city and buy it for yourself.
Thank you, ToyBox! In all probability I have no way to avoid the USA visit. So, could you please advise any decent official Toyota dealer in USA (name, location, phone number, e-mail address etc.) where I can pre-order FJ?

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
alot of that is going to depend on what city you intend to visit while here. give us a ballpark region and im sure somebody here will be able to point you in the right direction. that or check out the sticky thread with the so called official dealership guy on it, he might be able to help you out too.

· Registered
232 Posts
Max said:
Thank you, ToyBox! In all probability I have no way to avoid the USA visit. So, could you please advise any decent official Toyota dealer in USA (name, location, phone number, e-mail address etc.) where I can pre-order FJ?
Hey Max, you may not want to tell them the car is for export because technically speaking, Toyota USA may or may not want their cars to be exported. Of course, there are many ways around this but bottomline is you will need a middleman.

· Registered
201 Posts
fjsmurf said:
Hey Max, you may not want to tell them the car is for export because technically speaking, Toyota USA may or may not want their cars to be exported. Of course, there are many ways around this but bottomline is you will need a middleman.
Actually, technically speaking, Toyota couldn't stop him from purchasing one or doing anything he wanted to after purchase.

The worst that could happen is the sales person trying to make a little extra profit because of his situation.

· Registered
272 Posts
Pretty sad when we are all getting excited about paying MSRP for a vehicle. But you have to do what you have to do. I'll wait til Dec. as well and then see what the pricing etc. is going to be and make a decision about the deposit. I think a deposit at this point is a little premature.

· Registered
232 Posts
ToyBox said:
Actually, technically speaking, Toyota couldn't stop him from purchasing one or doing anything he wanted to after purchase.

The worst that could happen is the sales person trying to make a little extra profit because of his situation.
Before this conversation gets too far ahead, the reason i said "Toyota may or may not" is because I don't know the exact policy is for Toyota USA but I do know many other makes (domestics & foreign) do not allow their dealerships to export. If they do, the dealership can loose their franchise. Although i doubt that has ever happened.

And how do i know? I have bought "in" cars for family & friends overseas in the past and the dealership do not want to know if that's your plan. Also, most dealer that i have dealt with will not sell you the car if you don't have any US ID.

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
Here is the latest dealer quote I got regarding pricing for the upcoming FJ Cruiser:

"My name is Mike Croak. I am the internet manager for Elmore Toyota. I have no problem being upfront and honest with you I have built a career out of doing buisness that way. I believe that we will be selling these for 5,000.00 over msrp. If your intrested in ordering one please let me know."

Have a great day,
Mike Croak
(714)893-8970

Yes, this is his exact quote. I simply copied and pasted the message.

· Registered
3,662 Posts
Well you might be selling at $5,000 over MSRP, but I can assure you, I won't be buying at $5,000 over MSRP. That's just plain stupid.

· Official Field Agent
1,322 Posts
agreed. i can't think of any vehicle i would pay that much extra for just to have it right now right now instead of later right now. Yeah, they are cool, but i have lived without one for all my life, i think ill be able to make a little bit longer. plus thats 5000 i can justify spending on aftermarket parts since i "saved" it by waiting...

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
My reply was:

"Thanks, but I have found a local dealer who wants my FJ Cruiser business for MSRP and promises no dealer bull... My 2007 FJ build order will be placed next month, and no deposit is required. Thanks for your reply."

David

And no, he did not reply back!!!

2006 Tacoma

· Registered
3,662 Posts
Of course not, what could he possibly say?

"I'm a profit hungry prick hell-bent on taking advantage of my customers..."

That just wouldn't go over too well. I'd sooner drive to New Mexico to pick one up.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.