Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced both the upper and lower control arms on front driver and passenger side of my 2007 FJ, then had it aligned and it drove great. After about two weeks I noticed that when I have the steering wheel at direct center it pulls to the left and in order to go straight I have to turn it to the right to just about 1 o'clock. If I let go of the wheel it feels like it pulls slightly back to the left and if I hit the brakes it definitely starts pulling.

Could this be due to a stuck caliper piston on the driver side? I thought about taking it back to the alignment shop but it's been almost a month since they did it so I'm not sure they would look at it without charging for a new alignment or just say I did something to knock it out of alignment again. Just thought I'd ask here before buying new calipers and pads to put on.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I recently replaced both the upper and lower control arms on front driver and passenger side of my 2007 FJ, then had it aligned and it drove great. After about two weeks I noticed that when I have the steering wheel at direct center it pulls to the left and in order to go straight I have to turn it to the right to just about 1 o'clock. If I let go of the wheel it feels like it pulls slightly back to the left and if I hit the brakes it definitely starts pulling.

Could this be due to a stuck caliper piston on the driver side? I thought about taking it back to the alignment shop but it's been almost a month since they did it so I'm not sure they would look at it without charging for a new alignment or just say I did something to knock it out of alignment again. Just thought I'd ask here before buying new calipers and pads to put on.
Same damn issue here, tired of having it aligned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Admin
6,974 Posts
Yeah, check the calipers.... easy enough to do. If you can compress the pistons it's not seized.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts