Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
That was just the modified truck that Toyota took to SEMA in Nov. '11 along with a modified Tundra. Pretty sure this is not the 'direction' the production vehicle will be going. Would be too spendy for the target market...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Those are sweet Rims... and the 285 MTR's would be a welcome addition to the Trail Team models, so when magazines test it against the Rubicon they are Equal Match up with tires!

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
They also brought that truck to Summit last year. Except for the supercharger it's mostly an appearance package, like the TT over a non-TT. It would be nice if they'd catch us up to the RAV4/Tacoma side on infotainment too, with a specially-developed navi to track your offroad route.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,876 Posts
Yeah I remember it at the Summit No.6! Sweet looking FJ!!! I actually was the one who added it to the Wikipedia page under variants with my explanation of it but I stated how the actual future of the vehicle is unknown.

Here are some pics of I got though!

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,876 Posts
Yeah here is what I put for the FJ-S Cruiser Concept on Wikipedia:

The FJ-S Cruiser Concept, debuted at the 2012 SEMA Auto Show in Las Vegas, NV, is the creation of Toyota and Toyota Racing Development (TRD) in an effort to create a new style of FJ Cruiser that from its looks, remains fairly similar, but is designed to be even more off-road ready than its standard FJ Cruiser counterparts. The FJ-S Cruiser Concept actually incorporates suspension components from the Baja Series Tacoma and has an upgraded chassis and body structure with the addition of an underbody "exoskeleton" to improve its off-road prowess. According to Toyota, the extra stiffness and strength provided by the exoskeleton creates a more suitable platform for the suspension modifications and wheel upgrades added, which include 60-mm Bilstein racing shocks up front and 50-mm Bilstein racing shocks with remote reservoirs in the rear which produce around 1.3" of lift over stock. Also, the FJ-S features all new TRD 17-inch beadlock-style wheels in a Midnight Black finish along with BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain tires. TRD also added their new supercharger with a Twin Vortex System and a large air-to-water intercooler, which brings the engine output to 345 horsepower and 345 lb/ft of torque, which is 30% and 25% of increase over the standard FJ Cruiser model. The exterior of the FJ-S Cruiser Concept received other changes/upgrades including a front nudge bar and the rock rails used on other FJ Cruiser variants. The color Toyota chose for this model is the Quicksand color, but unlike other FJ variants, they kept the white roof as opposed to doing a monochromatic color scheme. The interior of the FJ-S debuted an all-new two-tone leather seating with the FJ-S logos on the seatbacks along with custom floor mats.

Not much information has been released as far as the chassis and body structure changes go, and Toyota hasn't announced what they plan on doing with the FJ-S Cruiser Concept in the future. So whether or not it goes into production in a later year or if it remains a concept car is uncertain.

So yeah, I like others have said before really were interested to see what changes were made to the frame to "stiffen" it up for off-roading, as well as this "exoskeleton" they speak of.

I also thought the suspension they put on there from the Baja Tacoma was such a cool/smart idea! They are obviously more off-road compliant with them being remote reservoirs and the flight lift they add just looks so good with those BFG KM2 tires!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Stiffer body, more robust suspension, more clearance, bigger tougher tires, 30% increase in power...I'd say that's a pretty damned good direction for a new FJ. Dropping the useless leather interior should trim the cost.

·
Registered
732 Posts
seeing as how the thread is from 2013, the truck is from 2011, and the FJ was discontinued in 2014, safe to say it's not gonna happen.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Would one of the Americans in this thread lend me a gun? Jk
Wow, a 2016 fj... Only in my dreams

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Mate bullets won't make it across here, by the time you get close enough with a gun I'll have a couple drop bears rip you up haha.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts