Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FJ Saves My Ass - Funny Story! (Now With Pics)

The wife and I are building a house and decided to go take a look at the progress this evening. They have recently cleared some trees and have dug the hole for the walk-out. So I drive back there with the wife in tow and we take a look. Mind you it's out in the middle of no where, dark as heck (it was 11:30) and very foggy.

Lessons I have learned:
- put in 4 wheel drive 1st (I didn't)
- next ck to see if the soil (sand) is dry or slushy from the rain as we've had a lot (I didn't)
- third try to remember that going down hill when it's muddy is much easier than going back up hill (through a small opening between trees and what felt like the jump across Snake River Canyon). Much steeper coming back up vs. going down (how does that happen ;-).
- Never show the wife your fear and the thought that you just may have gotten in over your head and you are more scared of getting stuck than her (I didn't)

End of the story - we made it out and wow was that stupid!

I'll post pictures of the mud whole after I get up there this week ;-)

Cory

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! At least you had the FJ and not a Civic or something :D
Yeah the Porsche would definitely not have made it either!

Premium Member
Great story,waiting for pics

Registered
Hehe, glad you made it. :) Congratz on the new building of the house! :D

Premium Member
The wife and I are building a house and decided to go take a look at the progress this evening. They have recently cleared some trees and have dug the hole for the walk-out. So I drive back there with the wife in tow and we take a look. Mind you it's out in the middle of no where, dark as heck (it was 11:30) and very foggy.
I feel your pain! My wife and I are also going to build a house, in a place where even the FJC can't go. Put some major pin stripes on it trying to though.

Registered
That's some story, can't wait to see the pics!:rocker:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back from searching subdivisions for the exact color of brick we want ;-) Unfortunately no pics tonight :-<

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's the entry way to our property

My new back yard

And finally the hill I tried to back up... I'll admit that it doesn't look bad now but it was all soupy and muddy that night. Looks rather lame now doesn't it!

The hole for the house/walk-out

Again, it looks a lot tamer today after things have dried up and it's light out. Truth be known I'm not much of a 4-wheeler - translation I don't have skills:lol:

Oh well... It was fun after it was over!

Cory:wave:

Registered
Beautiful land! Congratz! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad your ok. Congrats on the new house, looks like a very beautiful area by the way. Make sure to go fishing for me :):bigthumb:
You can count on it!

Registered
Good for you! Nice place and I hope the house turns out well for you.
Everything is different in the dark, and in the rain! The FJ kicks ass, thats why you got out!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts