Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
first thursdays are in effect for those of you in and around the peninsula. join us for happy hour at mandala lounge in san mateo around 6:15 PM. happy hour specials run through 8:00 PM.

there are a variety of restaurants within walking distance and mandala allows you to bring in take out food, so we're set if we want to chow on something.

if you're a lurker and just want to talk shop or learn more about the fj, feel free to drop by.

we'll be talking about the upcoming corral hollow/slick rock trip in august and will touch on the high sierra trip as well. we'll also recap the WAMP run too.

current roster:
sonof40
opg4759
PuckerFactor
cruizin4bruzin
daPitbull
PB 07FJ
manoweb
potatomutato

hope to see you there! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
first thursdays are in effect for those of you in and around the peninsula. join us for happy hour at mandala lounge in san mateo around 6:15 PM. happy hour specials run through 8:00 PM.
Interesting place and MySpace page. I'll calendar the date and try to make it on August 7th.

Tried to spot it on Google streetview but couldn't ID it. I gather it's down the street from Togo's. Do they have a parking lot? Too bad there's no horse racing at Bay Meadows any more. ;)

Headed for Mt. Lassen tomorrow for some camping and hiking at Juniper Lake, but not much off-roading. The following week, I'm headed to the Lost Coast to do Run #4 in Wells' Guide to CA Backroads (which I believe you have, Steve), which is supposed be a very easy but desolate trail that connects runs along the coast southest of Leggett to Honeydew west of Humboldt Redwoods State Park. I plan to camp on the beach the 1st day and at Humboldt the 2nd.

I don't see any mention of an August Corral Hollow/Slick Rock run in the Norcal forum. Is it a public or private trail run? If public, post some info about it. I might be interested in doing it as a tune up for my Rubicon run in September. Let me know, thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...I gather it's down the street from Togo's. Do they have a parking lot? Too bad there's no horse racing at Bay Meadows any more. ;)
yup, between togo's and the railroad tracks. we usually park across the street at the motorcycle dealership after they close. btw, bay meadows has one more round of races when the county fair comes to town. be sure to say farewell to historic bay meadows before it signs off forever.

Headed for Mt. Lassen tomorrow for some camping and hiking at Juniper Lake, but not much off-roading. The following week, I'm headed to the Lost Coast to do Run #4 in Wells' Guide to CA Backroads (which I believe you have, Steve), which is supposed be a very easy but desolate trail that connects runs along the coast southest of Leggett to Honeydew west of Humboldt Redwoods State Park. I plan to camp on the beach the 1st day and at Humboldt the 2nd.
wow, have fun up there! drop by mad river brewery for a cold one and don't forget to drop by los bagels and get a bagel with their jalapeno jelly. yum!

I don't see any mention of an August Corral Hollow/Slick Rock run in the Norcal forum. Is it a public or private trail run? If public, post some info about it. I might be interested in doing it as a tune up for my Rubicon run in September. Let me know, thanks! :)
yeah, i haven't posted yet. just confirming the weekend, which will be in late august. i'll post up in the next few days.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man !!! I would love to go but this is the day I meet with the club !!
WE meet on the same day every month !!
Oh well maybe I can figure something out... and hit both !!

hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm
Bossquatch, if you can't make the peninsula outing, there will be south bay, east bay, sf, etc. happy hours as well.

I'll try to make it. Sounds like fun.
hope you can make it Steve. it's been a while.

·
965 Posts
More then likely I will be there.

·
965 Posts

·
C4B_Rocks
766 Posts
Sup FJers...I will see you all there.

lf you all don't have anything to do after you all can come by at Butters on 11st between Harrison and Folsom. I will be DJ'n there...:bandit::rocker:

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
As noted elsewhere, I have to skip this M&G because it's my GF's b-day, but I'll be going on the Corral Hollow/Slick Rock Run on 8/22-8/24.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:bump: for today's happy hour.

looks like we'll have plenty to talk about over a few cold ones - trail runs, opg's bronco story, swr meter usage, mozzarella...possibly even the website.

there's a lot (motorcycle shop) across the street that we can park in. if we all park diagonally with our noses facing southeast (pointed at the shop and towards 25th) we should all be able to fit.

make sure you get there before manoweb because he likes to take the "shortcut" and face his rig the other way. :lol:

see you guys there. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Alright you guys have fun... If I do get done earily with my club meeting I might give steve a call and see if you guys are still around. ButI will see some of you guys this weekend for Project "Vodo up in da Air"................

1 - 20 of 41 Posts