Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew the factory sizes for the speakers?
Dash, Door, and far rear pillar speakers.

·
Registered
838 Posts
you can type "speakers" into the search function at to top of the forum thread and you will get tons of info, basically, rear pillar and front dash are POS 2.5 inch, the doors are 6x9's

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I think the dash and rear pillar are 3.5". If not, aftermarket 3.5" speakers fit in both places, some have even squeezed in 4" speakers. 6x9s in doors can be switched to 6.5" with new mounting plates available at tacotunes or fjcruiseraudio or anywhere else you find them. Also available are A-pillar pods holding 4" and tweeter and rear seat 6.5" pods from wickedcas

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
you can type "speakers" into the search function at to top of the forum thread and you will get tons of info, basically, rear pillar and front dash are POS 2.5 inch, the doors are 6x9's
2nd the search button!!:lol:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think the dash and rear pillar are 3.5". If not, aftermarket 3.5" speakers fit in both places, some have even squeezed in 4" speakers. 6x9s in doors can be switched to 6.5" with new mounting plates available at tacotunes or fjcruiseraudio or anywhere else you find them. Also available are A-pillar pods holding 4" and tweeter and rear seat 6.5" pods from wickedcas
Just put 4" Infinity's in my rear pilars last weekend. Nice improvement over nothing back there. Now I just need to buy some grills.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking. True, you can't hear them in the front, but it makes tailgating a whole lot better.
I can definitely tell that they fill in what was a dead zone behind me. I'm running about -4 to the rear on the fade control and it gives a nice balance to the 6.5" I put in the doors and the 3.5"s I put in the dash that're running together on the front channel.

Those factory speakers were just a joke.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Those factory speakers were just a joke.
X2.

I put this 6x9 in the front.

Disconnected the rear speakers and use the wires to connect/drive this 6.5" speaker in the rear pods from Wicked CAS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts