Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2007 FJ auto 4WD 180,000 miles.

I took my FJ to a shop bc the motor mounts had broken off the frame. They removed the engine and repaired the mounts and cracked frame. After I got it back, it started stalling. First I noticed a drop in mpg for a week. Then it stalled while idling in park. The truck turned on easily. I never had any lights on the dash and a OBD scan showed no codes. The OBD alternator test and battery test were normal. No misfires were recorded. Then the truck would have fluctuations in RPMs and voltage. As the rpms dropped, the voltage would drop and then the ECU would click a few times and the rpms would go back up along w the voltage. This would continue until the rpms dropped over 5 minutes and the engine stalled. I replaced the battery, spark plugs, and alternator and no change. The hose coming from the back of the air intake manifold that goes to the Fuel Pressure Regulator was busted off at the intake. I haven't reattached it. I noticed a high pitch whine in the engine bay coming from the air intake or throttle body. Cleaned the Mass Air Flow sensor. I replaced the throttle body and it seemed to help for a week though the truck died twice in foot on brake in drive and idling. This time it died while backing out of my driveway.

No lights or codes. Truck drives fine (except today in reverse).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Take it back to the shop and tell them to fix what they "broke" when reinstalling the engine. If your truck ran perfectly fine before you took it in, they f&-cked up when putting the engine back in.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it back to the shop and tell them to fix what they "broke" when reinstalling the engine. If your truck ran perfectly fine before you took it in, they f&-cked up when putting the engine back in.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
True but I was wondering if I could knock it out now bc they have a 3 weeks wait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts