Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In December I attended the Dubai Motor Show. There were some crazy off and on road vehicles there. A new trend I noticed there was flat paint. At the Toyota dispaly there was a new "FJ Cruiser Stealth" It was all blacked out with flat black paint and had CF interior bits. The only thing that puzzled me was the crappy tires. Anyway here is an article that mentions it with pics.
Toyota Land Cruiser, FJ Cruiser & Yaris specials | Drive Arabia : Dubai / Abu Dhabi [UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman & GCC]

I will post up some of my pics when I DL them.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Interesting.....looks pretty cool, and x2 on the crappy tires though.....at least put some of the BFG A/T's on it for the show.....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
It looks like they got lazy and didnt paint it, all fj body panels come with and eco flat black primer. They just painted some stuff to match the unpainted body, lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, i was in the dealer today, and i ordered one, unfortunatley they dont have the interior pictures and how its going to look like.
Its going to take 2 months to get delivred :(

based on the specication sheet i got, its has carbon fiber Dash board and door panel.

Dose any one have an idea where can i find these interior Pictures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Most probebly, its dealer modification that is done in their workshop!
am just wondering how its going to look like from inside? with the carbon fiber?

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
I know I'm probably pickin, but...
They go through all the trouble to black EVERYTHING out. Then you look at the lug nuts and they are chrome. OF course the tires are crap too. What gives with the execution here.
The devil is always in the details to me. I bet they still have the silver panels on the interior too

·
Registered
3 Posts
well, it has been a habit of dealers over here in this part of the world to do such things, they are mainley trying to justify the increase in the price, some of tem will do some modification in the body and some will add an option or two in the interior.

am cmpletley with you in the tyre part, am planing to change both the Rims and tyres.

the only thing that made me go for it is, i wanted black matt color FJ, with carbon fiber interior, i did some calculation and i figured out that if i buy this car am actually saving monye.

it will cost me a fortune to foilewrap the car with black matt color in a good company.

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
What a scam, a stripped down base model FJ with a black paint job. Tell ya what, give me 30 grand and I'll get one of these for ya. and I'll make 9 grand off it.

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
The reason that it has crappy tires I think is because you would NEVER take that off road. I may be completely wrong but I thought I read somewhere that if you scratch a flat paint job you have to repaint the entire rig. I know if I had that i would never take it off road. But once again, I may be completely wrong.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
What a scam, a stripped down base model FJ with a black paint job. Tell ya what, give me 30 grand and I'll get one of these for ya. and I'll make 9 grand off it.
AGREED! :lol:

·
fka FJ KROOZER
174 Posts
The tyres are the standard spec tyres that come on all FJ which are dunlop grandtrek at22. There is no option from the dealers here for offroad tyres. This is not a base model FJ. It is based on the top spec model with an added roof rack, airdam, carbon fiber look interior, flat paint job, colour coded wheels, colour coded lights etc ....
The top spec in the UAE comes with dual armrests, audio controls on the steering, cruise control, a-trac, side curtain airbags, fjammer system with subwoofer, vsc, rear view camera, 4 rear parking sensors, inclinometer, outside temperature gauge and so on.
I have to agree that compared to the rest of the gulf countries the UAE FJ is overpriced, but if you wanted to build an FJ taking a standard top spec UAE model and turning it into a replica of the stealth edition it would cost you more than the 4000 dollar premium they are asking for the stealth edition.

If you guys think this is expensive people in Lebanon are paying 50000 dollars for an FJ and they dont even get a rear camera.
I hear in venezuela the price of the FJ is incredibly high too close to 100 000 dollars I think but correct me if I am wrong.

Different markets have different prices but even with the socalled high prices of the FJ in the UAE there is no shortage of buyers for it. I just have to take a look out my window and I can assure you that within a couple of minutes an FJ will pass by my home.

p.s: The stealth edition FJ looks really good in person the only problem would be constantly wiping the finger prints of the body. but then again i did see it at a motorshow and there were thousands of people there looking at the car, climbing into it, opening the doors and so on.
Personally If I was to build a stealth edition it definitely would not have a roofrack or airdam on it and would have tinted windows on it too.

Regards,
BANANA.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts