Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FJ was at Toyota San Diego for a warranty repair and it was stolen off their lot. Please be on the look-out for a Voodoo blue FJ with a white grille and Yakima roof rack. It is a manual transmission with Multivex mirrors and a Yellostone National Park sticker on the rear window. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Man, that sucks. Good luck.

·
Registered
677 Posts
sorry for the lose i hope you are taken care of in an appropriate manner by the dealer!!!

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
I hate to be the doomsayer, but if this happened in SD, it was in Mexico before you even knew it was missing.

They owe you complete restitution including the value of whatever may have been inside your vehicle at the time.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss.....i had a very similar experience with my toyota pickup. I was having some warranty work being done on it and someone stole it from the service center in torrance. it turned up on a side street in south gate all stripped. i lost my a$$ with insurance due to all the bolt ons, lift, tires etc.

now i make a point of keeping all my receipts and documents. the dealer must have left the keys in her.....

damn theives:flame:

·
Full -N- Down
641 Posts
I hate to be the doomsayer, but if this happened in SD, it was in Mexico before you even knew it was missing.

They owe you complete restitution including the value of whatever may have been inside your vehicle at the time.

What he said. Still sucks, though.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Sorry to hear that, good luck and I hope you get it back!!:simmadown:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry to hear about that news. Sounds suspicious to me, could be an inside job. But never the less, I hope you find it and those responsible.

FJDunkball

PS Good reason to invest in Lo-Jack

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Wow. One would think that their vehicle would be safe at the damn dealership at least. My question is - why would they pick one in the repair aisle when there is a whole lot of new vehicles right there?! Oh well, most thieves aren't real bright.

Good luck with all of that. I would pin the dealer to the wall on an immediate replacement. There is no excuse for their lack of security allowing your vehicle to get stolen. If they give you any guff, visit your local ambulance-chasing attorney of choice. A nice legal-gram may set their pocketbooks a'flowing.

Howls,
FJ Wolf

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
That totally sucks!

If I find it and the guys in it. I will hold him down while you throttle him.

It's probably in TJ and was an inside job.

Is the dealer going to replace it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am with the others, that totally sucks. I would hope that it doesn't turn up since it will never be the same and I think the dealer should give you another one at there expense.

I have lo-jack on mine! But it would still suck, such a violation. I had my house broken into and it just never seems the same.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 65 Posts