Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, one of my customers bought a 2007 FJ Cruiser from an auction, the car was crashed by the previous owner, the car got repaired an everything, but we are having issues with the braking system, well actually we dont know what could be, the car runs good but after running about 2 miles all of the sudden the car stops (brake) by itself (the engine remain on) the 4 wheels get locked up, and what we do to unlock them is to disconnect the - terminal from the battery for a while, and then its good to go again, do you guys have any idea of what can be causing this? i will appreciate your help, thanks..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can add the following:
When I asked my mechanic if he had any comment about me purchasing an FJC his only out of the ordinary issue was an 07' that experienced an identical issue. He said they had to loosen the brake lines to the master cylinder and relieve pressure to allow the brakes to release. Faulty master cylinder unit, $700 to replace.

Just relating a story, good luck

KEV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts