Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Looks good... any idea how much it weighs?

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks good but as a carpenter i would say you should put a piece of wood on the back to keep the box square. you can see it racking to the left.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wood piece on the back right half. Fridge sticks out the back a couple of inches on the left.
DFG slide ordered and will be here by Friday.

·
トヨタ Master
5,849 Posts
You're right TexasHC. (sigh) It's never really done, is it?
An FJ done? Bwahahaha! They're basically the Winchester Mansion of SUVs. Something bad might happen if we stop working on them. :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
That looks great. What inspired you to try and fit more storage into your Cruiser? I mean, more space is always a good idea (I’m trying to figure out how to make more space myself), I’m just curious to know why you decided to go about it in this fashion instead of another way. Thanks for your input ahead of time!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Choose2Cruise
I was tired of the game of juggling and re-stacking Rubbermaid Totes. Plus the annoyance of constantly chasing down ice every day. Now I've got cooking gear and food centralized, without the hassle of the totes. (The one you need is always on the bottom.) And, no more worries about ice.

The design of the unit is the work of another FJ owner, Todd Gill. He sent pictures, measurements, and answered numerous questions during construction. It may not look like the high end units, but it sure functions like them. Very pleased with the results.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Very nice setup to give you a Kitchen-on-the-Go. I completely agree with you on the hassle of tossing totes in and out.
I'm also curious, what did you do about your jack compartment? Do you still have access to it? Or did you move your jack to another location?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts