Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
When I got my hilux stuck in water/mud, the starter motor ended up getting fully rebuilt. It was full of mud and crap.

Got the interior floor replaced. and also the accelerator pedal.

Because the accelerator on the hilux and Im sure the FJ is fly by wire, the sensor at the back of the pedal is very sensitive to moisture of any kind.

Ive heard of a couple hilux's that had been affected by water and spending ages in dealerships trying to work out why the diagnostic light was on the dash. They couldnt work it out and it ended up being the accelerator pedal.

If it does come on, easy fix is to disconnect it, spray some CRC or other water dispersing spray on the connectors and reconnect it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How hot was the engine/transmission before you got stuck - and how long was it in the mud/water?

-
Well, we had just started so it wasn't too extremely hot, and it was 35-40 degrees outside :). It was in the water for a good 15-20min...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
When I got my hilux stuck in water/mud, the starter motor ended up getting fully rebuilt. It was full of mud and crap.
Yeah, I am having starter problems right now :-/ Any easy way of getting it cleaned out? I really dont want to have to buy a new one thru toyota... I can just see the $$$ flying out the window lol

21 - 23 of 23 Posts