Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 553 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
there's a KOA that is just outside of town.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
What are the best camping sites around Ouray? Have a small pop up camper I would like to stay in rather than a hotel.

KOA, 4Jsomethingorother and the Ampitheater Campground. In 2012 I stayed at the KOA, great place, I'll stay there again for this one I believe. I would recommened you take the time to look throught last years summit forum.

·
Registered
254 Posts
We need a east coast summit

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just booked my room:) See you there!
This time, head out on Friday after work (or on Saturday) and join me in Moab for a couple of days !:cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It's great to see that some of you are taking the opportunity to book rooms early. It's good for you and the people of Ouray like to see the rooms starting to book up so early too. :bigthumb:

Can an Indy guy get in on that? Moab is so high on my wants list and I hate the idea of going all the way to Colorado and not doing Moab too.
Sure. Just watch for the thread early in the new year.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
X2

Looks like the rooms will fill up quick this year. I'm in for the Moab before the Summit too.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
KOA reserved. 16th to 20th. Getting excited. Can't wait to be at Ouray again. :blueblob:

I will reserve Moab later when I decide dates. James, Moab thread may have to be started earlier, even if for entertainment.:lol:
I would like to find out if the Moab KOA has gotten any better, I rememeber someone had a read bad experience some years ago?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
James, KOA tells me the full size jeep club is there the same dates again. Do you guys get together to choose the same dates every year?

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
James, KOA tells me the full size jeep club is there the same dates again. Do you guys get together to choose the same dates every year?
It just happens by coincidence. I think someone on here looked at the dates in the past and said the Summit has always fallen on the week containing the third Wednesday. I cannot confirm or deny that. Don't be worried though as that group of Jeeps isn't very large and they are fun to checkout. I've often drooled over the idea of having an old Grand Cherokee or pickup with a Cummins diesel under the hood.

I will reserve Moab later when I decide dates. James, Moab thread may have to be started earlier, even if for entertainment.:lol: I would like to find out if the Moab KOA has gotten any better, I remember someone had a real bad experience some years ago?
Pre-Summit in Moab will be the Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues prior to the Summit. I was the one with the bad experience at the Moab KOA. It was a clerical error on their part and they would not own up to it. I will never stay there again (plus it's a bit of a "hole" compared with other options). I like the Riverside Oasis on the north end of town.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'll need to reserve at the Riverside Oasis soon then, last time it got full quick. I stayed at Moab Valley RV, on the left before Riverside, and it was very nice.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
KOA reserved. 16th to 20th. Getting excited. Can't wait to be at Ouray again. :blueblob:

I will reserve Moab later when I decide dates. James, Moab thread may have to be started earlier, even if for entertainment.:lol:
I would like to find out if the Moab KOA has gotten any better, I rememeber someone had a read bad experience some years ago?
I hope you do make it out this coming year (that includes Moab!)! I'll be back also depending on where we are on this IT project, we are so far behind and the bosses are pushing it to go live by the middle of May. I don't see it happening and if I'm right then it will be up in the air. I hope to be better financial position to add a few days either before or after for the sigh seeing I was planning last year.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I hope you do make it out this coming year (that includes Moab!)! I'll be back also depending on where we are on this IT project, we are so far behind and the bosses are pushing it to go live by the middle of May. I don't see it happening and if I'm right then it will be up in the air. I hope to be better financial position to add a few days either before or after for the sigh seeing I was planning last year.

We'll be there. :bigthumb:

I may have to miss the group photo and get home ASAP, I fly out for duty on the 21st :flame:.

21 - 40 of 553 Posts