I got my "regular" room @ the Comfort Inn.:clap:
I probably should get my own personal key.:rofl:
Can't wait until I get to visit with everyone again next year.:cheers:
And Murphy the wonder dog is coming again, too!!!!:scatter::ack::lol:
Jax':wave:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It just happens by coincidence. I think someone on here looked at the dates in the past and said the Summit has always fallen on the week containing the third Wednesday. I cannot confirm or deny that. Don't be worried though as that group of Jeeps isn't very large and they are fun to checkout.
Last time there was a Jeep Comanche that stole a piece of my heart.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Question: my wife and I are planning to drive from KY to Summit. We have a 6 year old and a 1 year old. Will it be kid friendly to bring?

The Summit is very family and pet friendly. Last year was my first year, and I was so impressed by how nice and organized the entire event was for all groups. Its a long drive from KY...Im headed out from Cincy!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Which out of all the hotels listed is one of the best?

Really, they all are ok. The best one is the one you are registered in!!:rocker: Ouray is not a big place. It is about 6 or 7 blocks long, so everything in town is walkable to the next. Everything is happening at the Best Western, but it gets crowded there. All the others are just down the street!!!:rofl: Just get one and enjoy!!:cheers:
Jax':wave:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Twin Peaks (formerly Best Western) took a CC but will not charge until check-out. Cancellation Policy is 30 days prior to arrival. We stayed in a VRBO Cabin on the other side of town last year. Thought we'd stay in the middle of festivities in 2014!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Twin Peaks (formerly Best Western) took a CC but will not charge until check-out. Cancellation Policy is 30 days prior to arrival. We stayed in a VRBO Cabin on the other side of town last year. Thought we'd stay in the middle of festivities in 2014!!

This is my first time so I don't know where anything is lol

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
If i have friends that have a house in telluride, how easy is it to stay there? or would it be a hell of a hike to get to Ouray every morning.
I think you will find it is closer to an hour between towns. It will mean lots of extra driving but you would save money and be spending time with your friends.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think you will find it is closer to an hour between towns. It will mean lots of extra driving but you would save money and be spending time with your friends.
yeah good call on the hour. if you do stay in Telluride you will probably make the drive Wed for registration so you'll get a feel for the ride as you plan for the next days trails.

as a side note for the past few years there have been mud slides on the highway out of Telluride that adds time to the trip so plan or pad accordingly.

41 - 60 of 553 Posts